It’s that time of year where we’re getting ready to send out Christmas cards, and with the cards an annual family picture!
Kimberly Schlegel Whitman has some advice from a professional photographer so you can have the best picture possible!
Get the Perfect Family Picture from Kimberly Schlegel Whitman’s blog:
1. Orient your session around your children’s happiest time of day! Pick a time when they are most alert therefore more willing to co-operate.
2. Be sure that your clothing selections are both simple (no crazy patterns or busy prints) and comfortable for you child to wear. Itchy or scratchy clothing will cause them to squirm.
3. Be sure your photo style is a match for your everyday lifestyle. Enlist a professional who works in your style casual and comfortable or posed and formal.
4. Location is everything. Select a location that is familiar to your children. At home, the park, your favorite location will make your kids feel more at ease.
5. Attitude is everything! Always be relaxed and flexible around kids even if they are rambunctious or not co-operating. When you have a professional photographer, be willing to leave the scene if necessary! Often the kids will behave better if the parents are not around.