Kimberly Schlegel Whitman has some great ideas on how to have a great holiday dessert party!
Kimberly Schlegel Whitman had a dessert party a few years ago. Use some of the ideas from her blog:
- We decorated our dining room table with Vintage Santa Claus figures in shades of pink and red. They are so charming! We also wrapped a candy covered garland around the various desserts.
- filled silver bowls and serving pieces roses in shades of pink, red, and peach and also stuck giant Christmas Lollipops into the oasis as if they were a natural part of the arrangement.
- Vintage Christmas trees, some in pink and some in green, were scattered down the middle of the table for height. Various sizes and heights of serving pieces were used to display all of the desserts which ranged from pies and cakes to candies and cookies.
- Christmas crackers were handed out at the door. They were filled with candy (as if our guests needed any more sweets) and good luck charms.
- A big bouche de Noel was added to honor my husband’s French heritage.