Kimberly Schlegel Whitman has tips on how to keep your flowers fresher, longer!
Kimberly Schlegel Whitman’s tips on keeping flowers fresh:
- Pick them like fresh produce; look at them and make sure they feel firm and hydrated
- Strip them of leaves and foliage below the water line.
- Cut the stems at an angle.
- Always keep the flowers hydrated in water for 1-3 hours before arranging them.
- Change the water every day.
Once you’ve prepared your flowers, it’s time to arrange them! Watch a clip about arranging flowers with Martha Stewart and Serena Williams: