Kimberly Schlegel Whitman has 5 summer style tips to keep you looking cool in this hot, hot heat.
It’s hard when it is so hot outside to want to look your best and have fun with fashion. Here are a few fun fashion tips to keep you looking cool:
1. Wear color – Color looks great with a tan. Not only that, but it’s a great mood booster. There’s nothing like a bright green or orange to perk up the spirit, especially when we’re all worn down by the heat.
2. Buy shoes lined in suede – Pick up some sandals or wedges. This may seem strange because we usually think of suede as a fall or winter fabric. However, suede will absorb sweat from your feet, keeping them dry and from swelling so much in the heat.
3. Keep it elegant despite the heat – Just because it’s hot doesn’t give us a free pass to wear skimpy clothes for the sake of keeping cool.
4. Wear dresses – Kim suggests wearing loose dresses that flow, so you can feel cool and breezy instead than hot and confined in blue jeans.
5. Take advantage of the summer sales – This is the time of year when all the summer fashions are on sale. The fabulous part of living in Texas is we can still wear summer fashions all the way through September.