It’s something that you probably don’t notice on most days, but it trips you up when it’s time to fill up the gas tank. You can never remember which side of you car your gas tank is, so you play gas station ballet to get your car pulled to the correct pump.
Rumors have long abounded that the handle of the gas tank icon pointed to the gas tank. Like a car industry secret shrouded in mystery, no one knew and not many noticed. Most people simply had to remember which side of the car the tank was on.
It’s no longer a secret. There is an indicator on your dashboard instrument panel that tells you exactly where your gas tank is located, so you never have to second guess when pulling into the filling station.
Take a look at your gas gauge the next time you get in the car. Do you see the little arrow next to the gas tank icon? That little arrow points to the side of the car your gas tank is located. Arrows that point to the left indicate the gas tank is on the driver side of the car, and likewise, arrows the point to the right show the tank on the passenger side.
Check your car to see if you have this neat feature, it’s true for some cars, but not true for all.
- BREAKING: Tiger Woods Busted For DUI
- WATCH: ‘Alien’ Trailer ReCut As A Comedy
- VIDEO: SNL ‘Backpack Kid’ Shoots Goat Point Blank
- Man Recreates The Gorillaz “Feel Good Inc.” Using Floppy Disks And HDDs (Video)
- Orlando Bloom And James Corden Are ‘Sexy IT Guy’ Strippers In Hilarious Late Late Skit (Video)
- Green Ranger, Jason David Frank, Speaks On Assassination Attempt At Comic Con
- Would You Buy A Used Car From This Dog Wearing A Suit? Of Course You Would.
- Great White Shark Jumps Into 73-Year-Old’s Boat: “I Was Losing A Fair Amount Of Blood. I Thought ‘Oh My God, I’ve Got To Get Out Of Here’.”
- Justin Timberlake And Jimmy Fallon Take A Tandem Bike Together Through The Hamptons
- U.S. Considering Banning Laptops On All Flights Into And Out Of The Country