TV chef, Paula Deen who is famous for high-calorie, Southern cooking that’s loaded with butter can’t eat her own dishes anymore. Why you ask?
Well Paula has been diagnosed with diabetes.
The Daily is reporting that the Georgian chef and Food Network star has been trying to keep her condition secret, but it’s getting too difficult since the National Enquirer reported in April that she has type 2 diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes is often associated with obesity and fatty foods.
Sources have told the Daily that the 64 year old Deen, ” has worked out a multimillion-dollar deal to be the spokeswoman for a pharmaceutical company and endorse the drug she is taking.”
The pharmaceutical company Novartis, Deen’s agent, and Deen have all failed to comment on this.
“Paula Deen is going to have to reposition herself now that she has diabetes,” said one source to the Daily. “She’s going to have to start cooking healthier recipes. She can’t keep pushing mac and cheese and deep-fried Twinkies when she is hawking a diabetes drug.”
The Daily points out that Deen is already faced with criticism for her unhealthy cooking. After her children’s cook book was released, Barbara Walters asked her, “You tell kids to have cheesecake for breakfast. You tell them to have chocolate cake and meatloaf for lunch. And french fries. Doesn’t it bother you that you’re adding to this?”
Anthony Bourdain has called Deen, “”the worst, most dangerous person to America” and said she should “think twice before telling an already obese nation that it’s OK to eat food that is killing us.”
Looks like Deen will finally have to change her cooking style. Or maybe she can just retire and fade from the spotlight.
Here son Bobby Deen has already tried to distance himself from his mother’s unhealthy cooking. His show, “Not My Mama’s Meals“, debuted on the Cooking Channel recently. He basically just cooks healthier versions of his mother’s recipes.
- WATCH: This Model Got Groped On TV And Did Not Put Up With It
- Guy Makes Half Court Shot For $38K But Is Denied The Money
- Patrick Stewart Is Retiring From The X-Men Films
- Lorde Teases New Music
- The Chainsmokers Release Heartfelt Response After A Fan Passes Away
- Fujifilm Under Fire for Sexist Camera Demo
- Olivia Culpo’s Oscars Dress Was Made Entirely From Stella Artois’ Glass Chalices
- Are Boys Smarter Than Girls?
- Bob Harper From ‘Biggest Loser’ Suffers Heart Attack
- VIDEO: iPhone 7 Plus Catches On Fire