In what was either one of the worst pranks in the history of practical jokes, or a huge error British Airways flight 0206 passengers were told that their plane was going down.
When in really all was fine.
The Huffington Post is reporting that passengers were awakened at 3 a.m. on Saturday, somewhere between Miami and London, to an announcement warning them to prepare for an emergency water landing. Sounds like my worst nightmare coming true.
But according to all accounts there was nothing wrong and they were safely cruising at 35,000 feet.
A passenger told The Telegraph, “My wife was crying and passengers were screaming. Then they played an announcement telling us to just ignore the warnings,” a passenger told the paper.”
The flight crew then reassured passengers that the warning was an error, and some, as you can imagine, aren’t very satisfied with that response. Passengers Duncan and Tracey Farquharson said that the, “staff issued a ‘blase’ apology and did not explain exactly what the error was until hours later, when they were landing at Heathrow.”
The airline apologized for undue concern and handed out apology letters upon landing. You would think they could at least doll out some refunds.
Apparently this isn’t the first time this has happened:
- Did You Know There’s A Pop Tart Cafe?
- NSFW: Graphic! Woman Cuts Her Own Finger Off For FaceBook Followers
- Protesters Tried To Remove A Live Stream Of A Giraffe Birth But It’s Back Up
- Beyoncé Posts Adorable Photo with Blue Ivy
- #WorstFirstDate Will Make You Feel Better About Your Love Life
- 5 Artists Who Could Replace Beyoncé at Coachella
- Real Life ‘Ken Doll’ Dumps The Human Barbie
- NASA Discovers 7 New Planets
- This Movie Theater Has Beds For You To Watch From!
- Dry Winter Brings Wildfire Alerts Today In Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico