In what was either one of the worst pranks in the history of practical jokes, or a huge error British Airways flight 0206 passengers were told that their plane was going down.
When in really all was fine.
The Huffington Post is reporting that passengers were awakened at 3 a.m. on Saturday, somewhere between Miami and London, to an announcement warning them to prepare for an emergency water landing. Sounds like my worst nightmare coming true.
But according to all accounts there was nothing wrong and they were safely cruising at 35,000 feet.
A passenger told The Telegraph, “My wife was crying and passengers were screaming. Then they played an announcement telling us to just ignore the warnings,” a passenger told the paper.”
The flight crew then reassured passengers that the warning was an error, and some, as you can imagine, aren’t very satisfied with that response. Passengers Duncan and Tracey Farquharson said that the, “staff issued a ‘blase’ apology and did not explain exactly what the error was until hours later, when they were landing at Heathrow.”
The airline apologized for undue concern and handed out apology letters upon landing. You would think they could at least doll out some refunds.
Apparently this isn’t the first time this has happened:
- New BBQ Restaurant in Dallas has Its Own 50 Foot Ferris Wheel
- Yesterland Farms in Canton Re-Opens After Devastating Spring Tornadoes
- Pumpkin Spice Pizza is Now Available Here In DFW
- Fun Facts About Full House
- Netflix: What’s New And Leaving In October 2017
- [VIDEO] ‘Perez Hilton’ Gets Backlashed By Saying That Kylie Needs An ‘Abortion’
- Walmart Wants To Do A Lot More Than Just Deliver Groceries To Your Home…
- Impress Your Friends With These Hidden iOS 11 Features On Your iPhone And iPad
- A Mysterious ‘Ghost Ship’ Has Washed Ashore On A Beach In Florida After Hurricane Irma
- Watch Cool Time-Lapse Video Of Big Tex Getting Set Up For The State Fair Of Texas Yesterday