A study performed in the Netherlands has determined that men become dumber in the presence of women. Women everywhere will tell you that it is no surprise.
According to Men’s Health, the Dutch group conducting the study gathered 71 college students, both male and female, and set them to work on tasks to measure cognitive ability. During one of the tasks, the students were told they would be monitored by a member of the opposite sex.
The cognitive performance of the male students dropped nearly 14 percent despite not knowing who the woman monitoring them was or what she looked like. On the other hand, the women in the group performed better under the watchful eye of a man.
Why did the men’s performance drop? Lead study author Sanne Nauts thinks that the men are preparing themselves for a possible interaction. They are thinking of things to say to the woman to impress her in the event they meet her. All this takes away from their ability to focus on the task at hand.
It’s all attributed to the good old mating ritual. Men are the ones that have to perform for the approval of a woman, while the woman sits back, judges, and picks the best man.
- British Man Hides In Woods For 10 Years
- Female Boxer Cecilia Braekhus Gets Kissed By Challenger During Press Face-Off
- Kelly Clarkson Addresses Body Image on New Track ‘Whole Lotta Woman’
- Rihanna Likes Her Men Dressed in Black
- Kendrick Lamar Contrasts Donald Trump and Barack Obama
- House Cat Perfectly Interrupts Live News Report Investigating ‘Cougar Sightings’
- What’s the Song in the New ‘Black Panther’ Trailer?
- Watch Bruno Mars Perform ‘Just the Way You Are’ in Spanish
- Four Things You Can Do with All Those Leftover Jack-O’-Lantern Pumpkin Guts
- Luckey’s Weekend Wrap-Up: 10.16.17