That’s right we had our very own meteor in the skies above Dallas last night.
News outlets received numerous reports Wednesday night from people who saw what appeared to be a fireball in the sky.
WFAA is reporting that many Texans heard booming sounds and saw a fireball streaking across the sky. It could be witnessed all the way from San Antonio to Oklahoma City.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has now confirmed that it was in fact a meteor.
A camera in Hawley, Texas caught the phenomenon last night:
Stephanie Clingman described it as “Very bright blue across the sky…It looked so close, long tail…very cool.”
In Carrollton, James Gates said he “heard a light boom and my house lightly shook… then I heard dogs barking.”
Did you see the meteor last night? Tell us about it in the comments.
- Texas Seeing A Rise In Support For The Legalization Of Marijuana
- Ed Sheeran Is A Self Proclaimed “Little Mix Fangirl;” Performs Amazing Cover Of “Touch”
- Did The Walking Dead Air An “Unforgiveable Error” Last Episode?!
- DFW Boy Nathan Beatty Makes Bucket List While Facing Inoperable Brain Tumor
- Denton Man Covered In Black Ink Yells At Police, “I Know The Law, I Am The Law!”
- Construction Worker Accidently Shoots Himself In The Groin With A Nail Gun
- New Hair Dye Changes Colors Based On Temperature And Surrounding Environment
- Girl Messages Police For Help With Math Homework, Police Respond With Solution
- North Texas Man Walks 15 Miles to Work Each Day
- Dallas Ranks #14 for Most Congested Traffic in the World