Gene is on a mission. He is determined to prove that the “Star-Spangled Banner” is the hardest song to perform, and maybe we should cut some slack for the celebrities that have a hard time singing it. He is taking singing lessons from local vocal coach, Linda Septien. Has he made any progress?
There are many people across North Texas that have performed the national anthem in front of crowds, large and small. With skill levels ranging from seasoned singers to shower serenaders, the Star-Spangled Banner is performed before sporting events like Cowboys, Rangers, Stars, and Mavericks games as well as special and civic events.
Gene is getting lots of helpful advice to help him nail the national anthem. Linda Septien suggests practicing hitting the notes before singing the words so that his voice can adjust to having to expand to the range of the song. Listener Cherna advised Gene that he should open his throat up like he’s yawning. Another listener suggested starting low so that the higher notes don’t stretch too far out of his range.
Will Gene do it? Listen tomorrow at 8:10AM to hear Gene perform the national anthem live!
- Canine Corner: Dolly
- WATCH: Dad Pulls Epic Prank On His Son, Showing Up In A Speedo To Pick Him Up
- Houston Teacher Gives Student ‘Most Likely To Become A Terrorist’ Award
- Jimmy Fallon Is In Hot Water For Making Fun Of The Deaf
- Ariana Grande Will Return To Manchester For A Tribute Concert
- Exploding Phone Causes School Evacuation In Mansfield
- Mother Warns About Sunscreen As Her Burned & Blistered 14-Month-Old Ends Up In ER
- U2’s Bono Hung Out With George W. Bush At His Ranch In Crawford Yesterday
- Here’s How You Can Get A Free Burger In Dallas Tomorrow
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music