What a creative name the very creative Beyonce and Jay-Z gave their newborn daughter. They think Blue Ivy’s name is so creative they’ve applied for a trademark on it.
According to the Washington Post the couple filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on January 26th for protection of their baby’s name from being used by others hoping to capitalize on “Blue Ivy” mania.
The power coupler weren’t the only ones who thought the name was very marketable. Fashion designer Joseph Mbeh submitted the same application to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter NYC” on Jan 11th, only four days after baby Blue was born. The application was denied.
Beyonce and Jay-Z’s application is still pending but should go through with no issue since parents are “legally authorized to trademark the name of their minor children.”
There was one other application for the name “Blue Ivy”. It was placed on Jan 19th, 2011 by a clothing store named the same in Wisconsin. They were approved in August, before we even knew Beyonce was pregnant. The clothing store can hang onto their trademark, or if the Carter’s want to make them an offer, the store can sell it.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Abandoned Dog Finds A New Home (And New Job) At A Gas Station In Brazil
- Watch The Just Released Music Video For Katy Perry’s “Chained To The Rhythm!”
- Britney Spears Posts Nude Photo On Instagram
- Watch: Angelina Jolie Eat Scorpions, Crickets, And Spiders (Oh My!) In Cambodia
- Dallas Dentist Innovates Mobile Dental Office
- Frances Bean Cobain Posts Touching Tribute To Her Father, Kurt, For His 50th Birthday
- Latest Beauty Trend Involves Tattooing Freckles Onto Your Face
- Tacos Might Be The New State Dish Of Texas
- North Texas Surgeon Sentenced To Life In Prison For Maiming
- WATCH: Fighter Tries To Dance During A Fight, Best KO Ever