What a creative name the very creative Beyonce and Jay-Z gave their newborn daughter. They think Blue Ivy’s name is so creative they’ve applied for a trademark on it.
According to the Washington Post the couple filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on January 26th for protection of their baby’s name from being used by others hoping to capitalize on “Blue Ivy” mania.
The power coupler weren’t the only ones who thought the name was very marketable. Fashion designer Joseph Mbeh submitted the same application to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter NYC” on Jan 11th, only four days after baby Blue was born. The application was denied.
Beyonce and Jay-Z’s application is still pending but should go through with no issue since parents are “legally authorized to trademark the name of their minor children.”
There was one other application for the name “Blue Ivy”. It was placed on Jan 19th, 2011 by a clothing store named the same in Wisconsin. They were approved in August, before we even knew Beyonce was pregnant. The clothing store can hang onto their trademark, or if the Carter’s want to make them an offer, the store can sell it.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Post Malone Learns Smashing A Guitar On Stage Is Not As Easy As It Seems! (Video)
- Husband’s Hilarious Pumpkin-Themed Boudoir Photo Shoot Will Put You In The Mood For Fall!
- Shawn Mendes to Release ‘MTV Unplugged’ Album
- Tommy Hilfiger Launches Clothing Line Aimed At People With Disabilities
- Arlington Teacher Wins The Milken Educator Award, Known as The “Oscar Of Education”
- Matthew McConaughey’s Power Stance While Talking To UT Men’s Basketball Team Is Every High School Coach In History
- Channing Tatum Ends Association With The Weinstein Company: “This Is A Giant Opportunity for Real Positive Change”
- Ford is Recalling 1.3 Million Trucks
- Tom Delonge of Blink-182 is Crowd Funding a Spaceship
- Rose Leslie Made Kit Harington Dress Up As John Snow For Halloween