Matt Lauer has said that he is leaving “Today” in December of this year, when his contract expires.
However, recently he has softened his stance if NBC is willing to back the Brinks truck up to his house.
TMZ is reporting that Lauer, who is currently making $17 million a year, is seeking a record breaking $30 million a year.
Yeah that would be enough money from leaving my job too.
TMZ gives a few theories going around NBC to why there was a change of heart from Lauer.
Some say that he changed his mind because he was jealous that the network had shown real interest in replacing him with Ryan Seacrest.
Another theory is that Lauer wanted to re-sign all along, and was just using the “I’m leaving” card to try and squeeze more money out of NBC.
$30 million may seem like quite a lot of money to you and me, but when you look at the fact that “Today” brings in about $450 million to the network, more than any other show, it seems like just a drop in the bucket.
- Massive Security Seen At Ariana Grande’s House
- Good Bye Unicorn Frap, Hello Disney’s ‘World of Avatar’ Drinks
- A Third ‘Star Wars’ Spin Off Has Been Confirmed
- VIDEO: Horrifying Crash At The Indy 500
- Southwest Flight Forced To Make Emergency Landing
- The iPhone Latte Exists
- Two Dead After Massive Crash On I-35
- Boy is Ejected from Water Slide in California
- Giant Bullfrog Found in South Texas
- Iconic Dallas Billboard gets an Unnoticeable Makeover