Matt Lauer has said that he is leaving “Today” in December of this year, when his contract expires.
However, recently he has softened his stance if NBC is willing to back the Brinks truck up to his house.
TMZ is reporting that Lauer, who is currently making $17 million a year, is seeking a record breaking $30 million a year.
Yeah that would be enough money from leaving my job too.
TMZ gives a few theories going around NBC to why there was a change of heart from Lauer.
Some say that he changed his mind because he was jealous that the network had shown real interest in replacing him with Ryan Seacrest.
Another theory is that Lauer wanted to re-sign all along, and was just using the “I’m leaving” card to try and squeeze more money out of NBC.
$30 million may seem like quite a lot of money to you and me, but when you look at the fact that “Today” brings in about $450 million to the network, more than any other show, it seems like just a drop in the bucket.
- Little Boy Gets Stuck Inside Claw Machine; Workers Smash Glass In Order To Rescue Him
- Southwest Airlines Celebrates Their First “Unmanned” Flight Featuring An All-Female Crew
- Japanese Designer Introduces “Thong Jeans,” And We Don’t Understand Them, Either
- Ed Sheeran Didn’t Realize He Broke Any Bones, Rode Straight To The Pub After His Accident
- Taylor Swift Debuts ‘Gorgeous’ New Single
- Dallas Mavs Point Guard, Devin Harris’ Brother Dies After Car Crash
- Texans Like In N Out Than Whataburger, Study Says
- [VIDEO] Today, Five Years Ago, Was When Big Tex Was In Flames
- Tejano Legend Selena Will Receive Her Star At The Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Was Selena Gomez Referenced In Charlie Puth’s Music Video