Matt Lauer has said that he is leaving “Today” in December of this year, when his contract expires.
However, recently he has softened his stance if NBC is willing to back the Brinks truck up to his house.
TMZ is reporting that Lauer, who is currently making $17 million a year, is seeking a record breaking $30 million a year.
Yeah that would be enough money from leaving my job too.
TMZ gives a few theories going around NBC to why there was a change of heart from Lauer.
Some say that he changed his mind because he was jealous that the network had shown real interest in replacing him with Ryan Seacrest.
Another theory is that Lauer wanted to re-sign all along, and was just using the “I’m leaving” card to try and squeeze more money out of NBC.
$30 million may seem like quite a lot of money to you and me, but when you look at the fact that “Today” brings in about $450 million to the network, more than any other show, it seems like just a drop in the bucket.
- This Galaxy Cake Is Out of This World
- What Happens When Health Food Nuts Try Some Deep Fried Deliciousness?
- Ellen DeGeneres Organized One of the Biggest Giveaways in the History of Her Show
- Morgan Freeman Gives Jimmy Kimmel Oscar ‘Pep Talk’ in New Commercial
- JC Penney To Close Up To 140 Stores
- Celebs Are Getting Surgery To Have A Permanent Smile
- Mr T., Simone Biles, And Members Of Fifth Harmony Among Those Confirmed For The 24th Season Of Dancing With The Stars
- John Mayer Unpacks ‘The Search for Everything’ Wave 2
- Musician Takes Money Earned From Chick-Fil-A Ad And Donates It To LGBT Charity
- Paula Patton Accuses Robin Thicke of ‘Tampering’ with Court Order