Matt Lauer has said that he is leaving “Today” in December of this year, when his contract expires.
However, recently he has softened his stance if NBC is willing to back the Brinks truck up to his house.
TMZ is reporting that Lauer, who is currently making $17 million a year, is seeking a record breaking $30 million a year.
Yeah that would be enough money from leaving my job too.
TMZ gives a few theories going around NBC to why there was a change of heart from Lauer.
Some say that he changed his mind because he was jealous that the network had shown real interest in replacing him with Ryan Seacrest.
Another theory is that Lauer wanted to re-sign all along, and was just using the “I’m leaving” card to try and squeeze more money out of NBC.
$30 million may seem like quite a lot of money to you and me, but when you look at the fact that “Today” brings in about $450 million to the network, more than any other show, it seems like just a drop in the bucket.
- Watch This Cyclist Girl Get Revenge On Men Who Harassed Her
- Watch Chris Martin Duet with George Michael
- Texas Plans To Poison It’s 2.5 Million Wild/Feral Hogs
- Texas Gems Worth Traveling To
- George Clooney Finally Speaks Out About Being A Dad
- NASA Announces Discovery Of A Near By Solar System With 7 Earth Like Planets!
- Jay-Z Has Become First Rapper To Be Chosen For Songwriter’s Hall Of Fame
- Working From Home Can Cause More Stress, Insomnia
- Jimmy Kimmel Contemplating When to Retire From Late Night TV
- 20 Years Ago Today The Spice Girls’ Hit ‘Wannabe’ Topped #1 On The Hot 100