The first lady made an appearance in North Texas Friday Morning to help promote her healthier foods in school and more exercise campaign, ‘Let’s Move’.
Michelle Obama stopped at the East Dallas recreation center for a short visit with the Dallas Cowboys and some chefs from ‘Top Chef’.
The chefs got in three groups and were challenged to make healthy and good-tasting meals. Obama declared them all winners.
The first lady spoke at the podium, thanking the DISD for setting a national example with their food and nutrition. DISD has more schools recognized by the USDA than any other district in the country for making healthy changes to it’s menu.
Obama left Dallas shortly after her stop to head to Florida.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Man Issued $149 Ticket For Singing ’90s Songs While Driving
- Taco Bell To Test Run “Chocoladillas,” (Tortillas Stuffed With Kit Kats)
- Justin Timberlake Set to Play Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Christina Aguilera Tried To Get Physical With Pink
- European Style Food Is Coming To Legacy Hall In Plano
- Lulu The Labrador Gets Fired From CIA, Would Rather Play Ball than Sniff Bombs
- Substitute Teacher in Killeen Texas, Duct Taped The Mouths of 10 Elementary School Students
- Brent Briscoe from Parks and Rec. Passed Away at 56
- Pop Royalty Shines at We Can Survive Benefit Concert
- Kesha Dedicates ‘We Can Survive’ Performance To Fan’s Mother