The Associated Press is reporting that Pop star Whitney Houston is dead at the age of 48.
Houston, who was a pop icon and one of the biggest stars in the world of music and movies until drugs forced a dark cloud on her reputation, was confirmed dead by her publicist. The location and cause of death have not yet been released.[photogallerylink id=72882 align=right]
The singer who influenced such pop diva’s as Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera was considered one of the best voices of her generation. Her skills transcended music as she starred in the hit movie ‘The Bodyguard’ with Kevin Costner.
Whitney Houston was 48 years old.
‘Fast’ Freddy of Mix 104.1(WBMX-FM)/Boston is in LA for the GRAMMYs and has this update:
“At 3:23 Whitney was found unresponsive in her room & 911 was called. They arrived in 2 minutes. Attempted to revive her. Whitney was pronounced dead at 3:55pm today on the 4th floor or The Beverly Hilton Hotel. LAPD said no foul play or drugs found in her room. She was at the hotel for Clive Davis’ Annual Grammy Party tonight. At this point I am hearing the party will NOT be cancelled. It is still happening.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Nicole Scherzinger Addresses Black Eyed Peas Rumors
- Handcuffed Man Attempts To Escape From Inside Spinning Washing Machine (Video)
- We’re Now Making Lipstick Out Of Toilet Paper, And It Doesn’t Look That Bad!
- Niall Horan’s Advice He Received From Justin Bieber: “You Never Really Know When You’re Finished”
- DJ Khaled Completely Fanboyed Over Collaborating With Rihanna
- Psychologists Examine Why Some People Refuse To Wear Seat Belts
- Katy Perry Honors Victims of Ariana Grande Manchester Bombing
- Dwayne Johnson Improvised Zac Efron’s Nicknames In “Baywatch,” Including “High School Musical”
- Britney Spears Songwriter Claims “Hold It Against Me” Is About Katy Perry
- James Franco Tapped As The New Face Of Coach For Men Fragrance