Last night wasn’t just a night to celebrate the life and career of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], it was a night to celebrate [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm], her return to singing, and the fabulous year she’s had. Adele took home six awards, including the three biggest awards of the night.
Three months since having vocal chord surgery, Adele made her first live performance on the Grammy stage showing everyone her voice has returned to prime condition. She wowed the audience with “Rolling In The Deep.”
Adele’s six trophies tied a record for most Grammys won in a single year by a female artist, a record that was set by[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Beyonce[/lastfm] a couple of years ago. Among those six awards were the top awards of Album of the Year for 21, as well as Song of the Year and Record of the Year for “Rolling In The Deep.” She also took home Best Pop Solo Performance for “Someone Like You”, Best Pop Vocal Album for 21, and Best Short Form Music Video for “Rolling In The Deep.”
Adele shut out [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bruno Mars[/lastfm] in all five of the categories he was nominated in. Whether he was joking or really upset, Bruno appeared to throw a fit when Adele beat him in for the Best Pop Solo Performance. Maybe he was upset that he was shut out of all six categories he was nominated in. Bruno wasn’t the only shut out at the Grammys; rapper [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Lil Wayne[/lastfm] was 0-5, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mumford & Sons[/lastfm] were 0-4, and both[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Coldplay[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Nicki Minaj[/lastfm] were o-3.
- DJ Khaled Threw An Extravagant, Six-Figure Cost, First Birthday For Son Asahd
- Taylor Swift Teases ‘…Ready For It’ Video with Nude Suit, Cyborgs
- Paris Jackson Lends Vocals to Cousin Austin’s Performance: Watch
- Sybil’s Weekend Wrap-Up: 10.23.17
- Demi Lovato & Luis Fonsi Tease New Collaboration
- Lady Gaga Performs for Five Former Presidents at Hurricane Relief Event
- “Stranger Things” Actor Finn Wolfhard Fires Agent Amidst Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Danielle Bregoli’s Record Deal Could Potentially Net Her Over $10 Million
- Texas School District Apologizes For Photoshopping Homecoming Queen’s Hair In Photo
- Man Issued $149 Ticket For Singing ’90s Songs While Driving