Adele won Album of the Year at the BRIT Awards and flipped off the awards show executives at the end of the show. This was no good-spirited jest: Adele was angry that the BRIT Awards host, at heeding from the show’s production executives, cut off her heartfelt acceptance speech for the biggest award of the night.
When show host James Corden, who the Anglophiles among you may know from his roles in the TV shows Gavin & Stacey or Dr. Who, cut Adele off to cut to a show-closing live performance by the band Blur he drew angry boos from the crowd. Adele quickly flipped her middle finger at the cameras broadcasting the award ceremony.
Although Adele’s heartbroken songs may lead you to believe otherwise, this lady’s not afraid to stand up for herself. At a press conference after the show Adele said, “I was cut off during my speech but I wanted to thank the British public for all their support. I was held up with my voice and troubles but the album kept walking without me. I flipped the bird for the suits at the BRITS who cut me off. Sorry if I offended anyone but it was for them, not for the fans.”
Here is the clip (be warned you do see the middle finger in it):
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Nicole Scherzinger Addresses Black Eyed Peas Rumors
- Handcuffed Man Attempts To Escape From Inside Spinning Washing Machine (Video)
- We’re Now Making Lipstick Out Of Toilet Paper, And It Doesn’t Look That Bad!
- Niall Horan’s Advice He Received From Justin Bieber: “You Never Really Know When You’re Finished”
- DJ Khaled Completely Fanboyed Over Collaborating With Rihanna
- Psychologists Examine Why Some People Refuse To Wear Seat Belts
- Katy Perry Honors Victims of Ariana Grande Manchester Bombing
- Dwayne Johnson Improvised Zac Efron’s Nicknames In “Baywatch,” Including “High School Musical”
- Britney Spears Songwriter Claims “Hold It Against Me” Is About Katy Perry
- James Franco Tapped As The New Face Of Coach For Men Fragrance