Adele won Album of the Year at the BRIT Awards and flipped off the awards show executives at the end of the show. This was no good-spirited jest: Adele was angry that the BRIT Awards host, at heeding from the show’s production executives, cut off her heartfelt acceptance speech for the biggest award of the night.
When show host James Corden, who the Anglophiles among you may know from his roles in the TV shows Gavin & Stacey or Dr. Who, cut Adele off to cut to a show-closing live performance by the band Blur he drew angry boos from the crowd. Adele quickly flipped her middle finger at the cameras broadcasting the award ceremony.
Although Adele’s heartbroken songs may lead you to believe otherwise, this lady’s not afraid to stand up for herself. At a press conference after the show Adele said, “I was cut off during my speech but I wanted to thank the British public for all their support. I was held up with my voice and troubles but the album kept walking without me. I flipped the bird for the suits at the BRITS who cut me off. Sorry if I offended anyone but it was for them, not for the fans.”
Here is the clip (be warned you do see the middle finger in it):
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Rose Leslie Made Kit Harington Dress Up As John Snow For Halloween
- Lil Uzi Vert and Playboi Carti Announce Joint Tour Dates
- Pole Dancing Could Be Coming To The Olympics
- IMPACT: Niall Horan’s ‘Flicker’
- Selena Gomez Praises Demi Lovato’s ‘Simply Complicated’ Documentary
- Wanted Man Turns Himself in and Brings Doughnuts After Losing a Bet With Police
- Frank Ocean Prevails in Father’s $14.5M Libel Lawsuit
- Taylor Swift Gives a Tour of Wardrobes Past
- Macklemore Talks To Nathan Fast
- Fifth Harmony Share New Song ‘Can You See’