For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- Future Fast Pass Tuesday
- Contestant On ‘The Price Is Right’ Breaks Plinko Record And Freaks Out
- Anthony Daniels Almost Turned Down the Roll of C-3PO
- Hunter Attacked By Bear Goes Down Hard But Survives
- Ben & Jerry’s Bans Same Flavored Scoops Until Australia Passes Marriage Equality
- Gas Station Nachos Have Officially Killed Someone
- Beverly Hills Doctors Are Offering Free Surgery To Manchester Victims
- Graco Is Recalling Over 25,000 Car Seats
- Legacy West’s Grand Opening is Next Month and is Full of Festivities
- Check Out The First Images Of Star Wars: The Last Jedi