For possibly only the 6th time ever in Texas the rare Snowy Owl has been spotted in the DFW area.
Photographer Geryl Mortensen caught a picture of the bird at Lake Ray Hubbard last week. Birding websites are being flodded with reports and observer photos.
Jim Peterson is a former curator of birds at what is now the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science. He says confirmation is still being worked on but if the bird is confirmed to be the rare Snowy owl it would only be the 6th sighting of the bird in Texas history.
More from DFW CBS Local
- ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Girl Strikes Again
- Judge Wapner of ‘People’s Court’ Dead At 97
- North Texas Transgender Teen Wins State Wrestling Championship
- BREAKING NEWS: Fort Worth Native Bill Paxton Dead at 61
- Here’s an Oscar Drinking Game you can play as you Watch
- Why Oscar Nominee Natalie Portman, Isn’t Attending The Acadmey Awards Tonight
- Car Plows Into New Orleans Parade Crowd
- This Might Explain Why Our Own Recorded Voices Sound Weird To Us
- Danielle ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Bregoli Demanding Major $30K Scratch For Events
- Is RHOBH Star Erika Jayne Joining Dancing With The Stars?