She’s got the drive, the figure and the discipline of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. But does Sharon Simmons have what it takes to dance alongside some of the most visible women in the world? She’ll soon find out when the Carrollton resident auditions to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
She’s also a grandmother of two.
“I’m 55. And in May, around the competition, I’ll be 56,” explained Simmons. “On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up.”
Simmons was asked if she believes that there is a physical difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds trying out? “Absolutely no difference,” she declared.
Simmons is an author and national fitness competitor who embraces what she calls “defining moments.” She had one last December, when she used the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume. “I thought, that’s something I never tried,” Simmons said. “I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?”
READ MORE AT CBSDFW.COM
Tracy Kornet Reporting
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Texas Seeing A Rise In Support For The Legalization Of Marijuana
- Ed Sheeran Is A Self Proclaimed “Little Mix Fangirl;” Performs Amazing Cover Of “Touch”
- Did The Walking Dead Air An “Unforgiveable Error” Last Episode?!
- DFW Boy Nathan Beatty Makes Bucket List While Facing Inoperable Brain Tumor
- Denton Man Covered In Black Ink Yells At Police, “I Know The Law, I Am The Law!”
- Construction Worker Accidently Shoots Himself In The Groin With A Nail Gun
- New Hair Dye Changes Colors Based On Temperature And Surrounding Environment
- Girl Messages Police For Help With Math Homework, Police Respond With Solution
- North Texas Man Walks 15 Miles to Work Each Day
- Dallas Ranks #14 for Most Congested Traffic in the World