She’s got the drive, the figure and the discipline of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. But does Sharon Simmons have what it takes to dance alongside some of the most visible women in the world? She’ll soon find out when the Carrollton resident auditions to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
She’s also a grandmother of two.
“I’m 55. And in May, around the competition, I’ll be 56,” explained Simmons. “On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up.”
Simmons was asked if she believes that there is a physical difference between her body and those of the 19-year-olds trying out? “Absolutely no difference,” she declared.
Simmons is an author and national fitness competitor who embraces what she calls “defining moments.” She had one last December, when she used the Cowboys cheerleader uniform as inspiration for a fitness costume. “I thought, that’s something I never tried,” Simmons said. “I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?”
READ MORE AT CBSDFW.COM
Tracy Kornet Reporting
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Ubers Flying Taxi Service Getting Closer to Becoming a Reality in Dallas
- Fergie Talks Emotional, Autobiographical New Album
- Sam Waterston Is Returning To Law & Order
- Miley Cyrus Debuts New Break-Up Single ‘Week Without You’
- And The Winner Of America’s Got Talent Is…
- Linda Hamilton Confirmed for ‘Terminator 6’ After More Than 25 Years Since Leaving the Franchise
- Lady Gaga Praises Noah Cyrus’ Cover of ‘Million Reasons’
- DJ Khaled Will Host BET Awards
- Girl Hospitalized After Being Struck by 105 Mph Foul Ball at Yankee Stadium
- Debra Messing Gives a Tour of Will & Grace’s New Set for the Season and We Can’t Contain Ourselves