Your odds off being born on Leap Day are 1 in 1461. Probably not as high as you would think, but certainly high enough that you wouldn’t think there would be more than one Leap Day Baby or Leapling per family.
Well tell that to the Kesler family or Estes family.
The Kesler and The Estes families, both from Utah, have some pretty interesting Leapling defying odds.
The Kesler’s just welcomed their fourth child yesterday, a brand new baby boy. Now a baby being born on Leap Day isn’t that odd, it’s estimated that 4.1 million people are born on every Leap Day, but what does make this a strange case is that the new baby shares his birthday with his mother Camille Freeze Kesler.
And if that isn’t remarkable enough, Camille’s shares her birthday with her father Bill Freeze. So for everyone keeping count that is three generations of Leaplings. You can read the Kesler’s story HERE.
Now we move on to the case of the Estes’ family. They also welcomed a new baby yesterday. A baby girl named Jade. What make’s little Jade’s case special is she not only shares her birthday with one of her brothers, but both of them.
The Estes family tied the world record yesterday of having 3 siblings all born on 3 consecutive Leap Days. Xavier was born Feb. 29, 2004, Remington was born Feb. 29, 2008, and Jade was born Feb 29., 2012.
The only other family known to have done this in the entire world was the Henriksen family from Norway whose children were born on Leap Day in 1960, 1964, and 1968. You can read the whole story on the Estes family HERE.
The only thing left to ask is, “What are they putting in the water in Utah that’s causing all these Leap Day babies?”
- Texas State Fair Adds More New Foods to the Menu
- Sia Shares ‘Rainbow’ Video Starring Maggie Ziegler
- Kate Walsh Reveals Brain Tumor Diagnosis: “I Just Left My Body”
- Slinkies Make Great Anti-Squirrel Devices
- Girl Accidentally Shaves Off Her Eyebrow Dancing In The Shower
- Someone Drew A Texas Longhorn Over Texas Mid Flight
- Macklemore Taps Kesha for New Single ‘Good Old Days’
- 7 Things You May Not Know About The Princess Bride
- Miley Cyrus Shares ‘Younger Now’ Album Tracklist
- Liam Payne and Zedd Hit the Streets of London for ‘Get Low’ Video