Kelly Clarkson is headed back to where she got her big break. She’s headed back to the singing reality show.
No it’s not American Idol, she is set to star in a new ABC series Duets.
ABC has decided it is time to get involved in the singing competition game, leaving CBS as the only major network with out one. The field is more crowded than ever before, but the format is arguably more popular than it has ever been.
ABC is launching Duets, which will star Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie, and Robin Thicke. The team will travel across the country looking for undiscovered talent.
Each star will choose two singers to be their duet partners. Together, they will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will win, with the amateur receiving a recording contract.
Clarkson has called the show “completely different” from the other singing competitions.
“They don’t audition like a normal process,” she says. “We get to collaborate with the artists that we choose. We get to go find the talent we really believe in.”
The series premieres this summer on ABC. You can see a preview of Duets HERE.
- A Food Network TV Pilot is Going to Be Filmed at The State Fair This Wednesday
- Foo Fighters Dave Grohl Gives His Shoe to a Fan
- British Man Hides In Woods For 10 Years
- Female Boxer Cecilia Braekhus Gets Kissed By Challenger During Press Face-Off
- Kelly Clarkson Addresses Body Image on New Track ‘Whole Lotta Woman’
- Rihanna Likes Her Men Dressed in Black
- Kendrick Lamar Contrasts Donald Trump and Barack Obama
- House Cat Perfectly Interrupts Live News Report Investigating ‘Cougar Sightings’
- What’s the Song in the New ‘Black Panther’ Trailer?
- Watch Bruno Mars Perform ‘Just the Way You Are’ in Spanish