Kelly Clarkson is headed back to where she got her big break. She’s headed back to the singing reality show.
No it’s not American Idol, she is set to star in a new ABC series Duets.
ABC has decided it is time to get involved in the singing competition game, leaving CBS as the only major network with out one. The field is more crowded than ever before, but the format is arguably more popular than it has ever been.
ABC is launching Duets, which will star Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie, and Robin Thicke. The team will travel across the country looking for undiscovered talent.
Each star will choose two singers to be their duet partners. Together, they will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will win, with the amateur receiving a recording contract.
Clarkson has called the show “completely different” from the other singing competitions.
“They don’t audition like a normal process,” she says. “We get to collaborate with the artists that we choose. We get to go find the talent we really believe in.”
The series premieres this summer on ABC. You can see a preview of Duets HERE.
- Oak Cliff Man Stabs Roommate Because He Didn’t Flush The Toilet
- Reactions To The Unauthorized Britney Spears Lifetime Movie Are Better Than The Movie Itself
- Vin Diesel, Pop Sensation? Actor Featured In New Duet With Selena Gomez
- Danielle Bregoli Declares War On The Kardashians: “B****, Ain’t Nobody Scared Of Hurr”
- PBR To Open Country Bar At Developing Texas Live! Property In Arlington
- Wrong Fort Worth Home Gutted And Stripped After Contractor Makes Mistakes
- Mom Sends Son Care Package With The Trash He Forgot To Take Out
- The Worst Things You Can Do At Starbucks, According To A Barista
- Texas Man Stands Under Loose Sign At Wal-Mart, Hoping It’ll Fall On Him So He Can Sue
- Daya Showroom Web Contest