Kelly Clarkson is headed back to where she got her big break. She’s headed back to the singing reality show.
No it’s not American Idol, she is set to star in a new ABC series Duets.
ABC has decided it is time to get involved in the singing competition game, leaving CBS as the only major network with out one. The field is more crowded than ever before, but the format is arguably more popular than it has ever been.
ABC is launching Duets, which will star Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie, and Robin Thicke. The team will travel across the country looking for undiscovered talent.
Each star will choose two singers to be their duet partners. Together, they will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will win, with the amateur receiving a recording contract.
Clarkson has called the show “completely different” from the other singing competitions.
“They don’t audition like a normal process,” she says. “We get to collaborate with the artists that we choose. We get to go find the talent we really believe in.”
The series premieres this summer on ABC. You can see a preview of Duets HERE.
- China Has Fire Breathing Drones
- Watch This Instagram Model Hang Off The Side Of A Skyscraper
- Chad Johnson And Corinne Olympios Have Been Texting
- A Bull Got Loose In The Streets Of New York City
- How Do You Go To The Bathroom In A Spacesuit?
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix’s ‘Touch’
- First Han Solo Cast Photo is Here!
- Ready For Walmart Convenience Stores?
- Lindsay Lohan Is Campaigning On Social Media To Play Ariel In The Little Mermaid Reboot
- Nick Cannon Sued For Allegedly Stealing App Idea