This morning, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Mayer[/lastfm] posted on his blog that he would be taking a break from performing for an indefintite period of time. If you remember, last year he was one of a handful of musicians, including[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm], having to have surgery on their vocal chords. According to this morning’s blog post, Mayer’s granuloma has returned where the previous one had been removed.
Mayer reports that he had noticed his voice was a little off, so he had his doctor examine the issue. It was discovered that another granuloma had formed were the previous one had been removed and was healed for the most part. The only course of action is to have another surgery and a “long chemically-imposed period of silence.”
This means concert dates for next Thursday and Friday, March 15th and 16th, at Winstart Casino will be cancelled. Mayer’s upcoming album “Born And Raised” is still one track to be released May 22nd, and he will begin writing the next album immediately.
Read John Mayer’s blog post HERE.
- Frank Ocean Prevails in Father’s $14.5M Libel Lawsuit
- Taylor Swift Gives a Tour of Wardrobes Past
- Macklemore Talks To Nathan Fast
- Fifth Harmony Share New Song ‘Can You See’
- Nintendo Is Bringing Super Mario to the State Fair of Texas
- Dallas To Host 2018 NFL Draft
- What To Do If Your Parachute Fails
- Man Wins Jeopardy With $1
- Fort Worth’s Cutting Edge Haunted House Named Top 10 For Best Haunted Houses In U.S.
- Tonight Marks The 20th Season For Dirk Nowitzki, Here Are His Career Highlights