This morning, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Mayer[/lastfm] posted on his blog that he would be taking a break from performing for an indefintite period of time. If you remember, last year he was one of a handful of musicians, including[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm], having to have surgery on their vocal chords. According to this morning’s blog post, Mayer’s granuloma has returned where the previous one had been removed.
Mayer reports that he had noticed his voice was a little off, so he had his doctor examine the issue. It was discovered that another granuloma had formed were the previous one had been removed and was healed for the most part. The only course of action is to have another surgery and a “long chemically-imposed period of silence.”
This means concert dates for next Thursday and Friday, March 15th and 16th, at Winstart Casino will be cancelled. Mayer’s upcoming album “Born And Raised” is still one track to be released May 22nd, and he will begin writing the next album immediately.
Read John Mayer’s blog post HERE.
- A Third ‘Star Wars’ Spin Off Has Been Confirmed
- VIDEO: Horrifying Crash At The Indy 500
- Southwest Flight Forced To Make Emergency Landing
- The iPhone Latte Exists
- Two Dead After Massive Crash On I-35
- Boy is Ejected from Water Slide in California
- Giant Bullfrog Found in South Texas
- Iconic Dallas Billboard gets an Unnoticeable Makeover
- Groom Cancels Wedding After Seeing Footage From Fiance`s Bachelorette Party (NSFW)
- Homer Simpson Inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame