Chalk one up on Adele’s side for the defense against Karl Lagerfeld and his “a little too fat” comments about the Grammy owner. The Material Girl ripped the fashion designer for his comments about the British Songstress.
“That’s horrible,” Madonna told Britain’s Sun tabloid. “That’s ridiculous, that’s just the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.”
Madonna went on to praise Adele’s talents vocally while condemning Lagerfeld, “I don’t like it when anyone says anything bad about anyone—I don’t like it. Adele’s a great talent and how much she weighs has nothing to do with it.
“The thing for Adele to remember is at the end of the day, whether you rise or fall, it has so much to do with how you sustain yourself and keep your integrity and your inner strength.
“It is all about who you surround yourself with—friends and people who really do care about you, and care about your well-being beyond being a superstar. That’s the most important thing.”
Lagerfeld did apologize but the comments still strike home to many people who love Adele for both her voice and her unwillingness to cave to the “look” that so many assume must be of a superstar.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- DJ Khaled Threw An Extravagant, Six-Figure Cost, First Birthday For Son Asahd
- Taylor Swift Teases ‘…Ready For It’ Video with Nude Suit, Cyborgs
- Paris Jackson Lends Vocals to Cousin Austin’s Performance: Watch
- Sybil’s Weekend Wrap-Up: 10.23.17
- Demi Lovato & Luis Fonsi Tease New Collaboration
- Lady Gaga Performs for Five Former Presidents at Hurricane Relief Event
- “Stranger Things” Actor Finn Wolfhard Fires Agent Amidst Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Danielle Bregoli’s Record Deal Could Potentially Net Her Over $10 Million
- Texas School District Apologizes For Photoshopping Homecoming Queen’s Hair In Photo
- Man Issued $149 Ticket For Singing ’90s Songs While Driving