The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Data Shows UFO Sightings At An All Time High – But Why?
- Swedish Town May Give Workers Paid Breaks to Go Home, Have Sex
- Storm Chasers Remember Bill Paxton With Unique Tribute
- Jimmy Kimmel Surprised a Tour Bus at the Oscars and the Reactions Were Priceless
- OJ Simpson Could Be Released From Prison Later This Year
- Ed Sheeran Lets Girlfriend Wear His Shoes After She Breaks Hers
- Watch Sara Bareilles Cover Joni Mitchell for Oscars’ In Memoriam Segment
- Britain’s Tallest Man, “Game Of Thrones” And “Avengers” Actor Dies At 36
- Cameras Catch Chrissy Teigen Napping In The Middle Of The Oscars
- Adele Congratulates Emma Stone, ‘Moonlight’ after Oscars Win