The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Future Fast Pass Tuesday
- Contestant On ‘The Price Is Right’ Breaks Plinko Record And Freaks Out
- Anthony Daniels Almost Turned Down the Roll of C-3PO
- Hunter Attacked By Bear Goes Down Hard But Survives
- Ben & Jerry’s Bans Same Flavored Scoops Until Australia Passes Marriage Equality
- Gas Station Nachos Have Officially Killed Someone
- Beverly Hills Doctors Are Offering Free Surgery To Manchester Victims
- Graco Is Recalling Over 25,000 Car Seats
- Legacy West’s Grand Opening is Next Month and is Full of Festivities
- Check Out The First Images Of Star Wars: The Last Jedi