The final arrival, the final traditional DPS Shower of Affection, and the final group of volunteers to greet the troops has happened at DFW airport this morning.
the “Welcome Home A Hero” program is coming to an end.
The flight was scheduled for arrival at 10:30 a.m. this morning, but it landed a bit early at 10:20 a.m.
In its eight years of operation, the “Welcome Home A Hero” program has coordinated volunteers from the community to greet every military R&R flight at DFW Airport, welcoming hundreds of thousands of soldiers to DFW in the process.
The program has been nationally recognized for community service, and has received recognition from the highest levels of the Pentagon.
Wednesday’s flight may have been the final arriving flight for the R&R program, but their job isn’t quite done yet. There is still one more departing flight on March 30th that will be followed by the U.S. Army closure of the DFW Airport Personnel Assistance Point.
Future troops will fly into Altanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Katy Perry Shares Photos from Witness Tour Kick Off
- Inmates Break Out Of Jail To Steal Things They Can Sell While In Jail
- Nick Jonas Talks ‘Jumanji’ Reboot
- Taylor Swift Befriends Rat Co-Star in New Behind the Scenes Clip
- Fergie Premieres Stylish ‘Like It Ain’t Nuttin” Video
- Ed Sheeran Explains D.C. Jam Session with Dave Chappelle
- Texas Ranger Reveal New Rendering of Globe Life Field
- What’s the Song in the Trailer for Wes Anderson’s ‘Isle of Dogs’?
- Eagle Eyed Mom Noticed An Inappropriate Easter Egg On A Netflix Kids Show (NSFW)
- DJ Snake Unveils New Single ‘A Different Way’