Step away from that cheap $3 necklace people.
That cheap costume jewelry you love so much may be making you ill.
Costume Jewelery from brands like Forever 21, H&M, and Target could contain scary levels of chemicals.
The Ecology Center tested 99 samples of costume jewelry from discount retailers and found that “more than half of the items contain high levels of hazardous chemicals,” including lead, cadmium, nickel, mercury, and arsenic.
Over a quarter of the items had levels of lead above the limit allowed in children’s products, which has to be disturbing news for anybody whose baby grabs their bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
Looks like that bargain jewelry isn’t such a bargain after all.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.
- Massive Security Seen At Ariana Grande’s House
- Good Bye Unicorn Frap, Hello Disney’s ‘World of Avatar’ Drinks
- A Third ‘Star Wars’ Spin Off Has Been Confirmed
- VIDEO: Horrifying Crash At The Indy 500
- Southwest Flight Forced To Make Emergency Landing
- The iPhone Latte Exists
- Two Dead After Massive Crash On I-35
- Boy is Ejected from Water Slide in California
- Giant Bullfrog Found in South Texas
- Iconic Dallas Billboard gets an Unnoticeable Makeover