Rescuers are calling her a miracle cat. Sugar, a white fluffy cat, fell 19 stories from her owners window in a high rise, and survived.
“I look out my window all the time and I think, ‘Wow, this is really high,'” Sugar’s owner, Brittany Kirk told CBS Boston. She believes in the old saying about nine lives. “I think she probably used one or two or maybe eight.”
When workers from a local animal rescue examined her, they found she only had minor bruising on her lungs but no broken bones, cuts or serious injuries.
Studies show that cats have a better chance of surviving falls when they’re higher than nine stories. One of the rescues explained, “The cats were able to relax, orient themselves in a flying squirrel position with the legs spread out. It slowed their descent down.”
Sugar’s owner called the high rise managers to have a screen installed on her window immediately.
“I’m just so thankful. When I came home from work today and I saw her, I was just very thankful. It’s a miracle,” says Kirk.
More Stories From 103.7 Lite FM
- Justin Bieber’s Tattoo Artist Details the Pop Star’s New Ink
- Niall Horan on Mom Being His Biggest Fan
- Football Fan Sets Himself on Fire in the Name of Football
- Katy Perry Crashes Wedding Reception in St. Louis
- Starbucks Seasonal Secret Menu
- These Major Retailers Are Issuing a Vegetable Recall Over Listeria Concerns
- DJ Khaled’s Son Had the Most Extravagant 1st Birthday Party Ever
- DFW Singles Being Courted by Reality Show ‘Married At First Sight’
- Here’s the Perfect Uber Ride: Service Dog Riding Shotgun
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Completes Second Round of Chemotherapy With Instagram Post