Rescuers are calling her a miracle cat. Sugar, a white fluffy cat, fell 19 stories from her owners window in a high rise, and survived.
“I look out my window all the time and I think, ‘Wow, this is really high,'” Sugar’s owner, Brittany Kirk told CBS Boston. She believes in the old saying about nine lives. “I think she probably used one or two or maybe eight.”
When workers from a local animal rescue examined her, they found she only had minor bruising on her lungs but no broken bones, cuts or serious injuries.
Studies show that cats have a better chance of surviving falls when they’re higher than nine stories. One of the rescues explained, “The cats were able to relax, orient themselves in a flying squirrel position with the legs spread out. It slowed their descent down.”
Sugar’s owner called the high rise managers to have a screen installed on her window immediately.
“I’m just so thankful. When I came home from work today and I saw her, I was just very thankful. It’s a miracle,” says Kirk.
More Stories From 103.7 Lite FM
- BREAKING: Tiger Woods Busted For DUI
- WATCH: ‘Alien’ Trailer ReCut As A Comedy
- VIDEO: SNL ‘Backpack Kid’ Shoots Goat Point Blank
- Man Recreates The Gorillaz “Feel Good Inc.” Using Floppy Disks And HDDs (Video)
- Orlando Bloom And James Corden Are ‘Sexy IT Guy’ Strippers In Hilarious Late Late Skit (Video)
- Green Ranger, Jason David Frank, Speaks On Assassination Attempt At Comic Con
- Would You Buy A Used Car From This Dog Wearing A Suit? Of Course You Would.
- Great White Shark Jumps Into 73-Year-Old’s Boat: “I Was Losing A Fair Amount Of Blood. I Thought ‘Oh My God, I’ve Got To Get Out Of Here’.”
- Justin Timberlake And Jimmy Fallon Take A Tandem Bike Together Through The Hamptons
- U.S. Considering Banning Laptops On All Flights Into And Out Of The Country