As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Today Marks 50 Years Since the Iconic Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Footage Was Filmed
- Marshmello and Khalid Release ‘Silence’ Video
- Ed Sheeran Says Substance Abuse Contributed to Hiatus from Music
- Mariah Carey Unveils New Christmas Song ‘The Star’
- Niall Horan Shares Acoustic Version of ‘Flicker’ Title Track
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Adorably Celebrate 5 Years Of Marriage
- Dirk Channels Groot In Guardians Of The Galaxy Parody
- Study Says Texas Has A Fear Of Holes
- KFC’s Twitter Account Follows Exactly 11 People, 5 Spices & 6 Herbs