Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- [PHOTO] Kate Middleton’s Secret Second Wedding Dress
- ‘Fuller House’ Star Elias Harger Making $10K Per Episode
- [PHOTO] Mug Shot Of Ryan Seacrest Look-Alike After Meth Bust
- Best Pumpkin Patches In The DFW
- [PHOTOS] NFL Game Day Reaction On National Anthem After Trump’s Criticism
- New BBQ Restaurant in Dallas has Its Own 50 Foot Ferris Wheel
- Yesterland Farms in Canton Re-Opens After Devastating Spring Tornadoes
- Pumpkin Spice Pizza is Now Available Here In DFW
- Fun Facts About Full House
- Netflix: What’s New And Leaving In October 2017