Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Legacy West’s Grand Opening is Next Month and is Full of Festivities
- Check Out The First Images Of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- You Need These Politically Incorrect Crayons To Go With Your Adult Coloring Book
- The Best Responses To ABC’s Remake Of Dirty Dancing
- Frisco and McKinney Listed as Two of the Fastest Growing Cities in America
- Cleburne’s Field Of Dreams
- NY Times Releases Pics Of Items Found At Manchester Bombing: Shrapnel, Battery, & Backpack
- The Official Season 7 Game Of Thrones Trailer Is Here!!!!!
- Most Detrimental App For Young People? Instagram
- Study Shows Men Can Decrease Heart Problems With Consistent Chocolate Consumption