Spring is hear and opening day for the Texas Rangers is only two weeks away. What better way to celebrate then with a classic ballpark hot dog? Well, you’ve probably never seen a dog this big.
In the new Captain Morgan Club at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington there is a new treat. It’s a two-foot one pound hot dog! That weight is just the dog and bun. You can add all the fixings and increase that weight.
If you are just a plain mustard and ketchup guy, this might not be your game time snack. You can add cheese, chili, sauteed onions, fries, and more.
“I don’t know how many calories are in this thing, but it’s got to be 2,000 or 3,000,” Casey Rapp, operations manager for Sportsservice who handle concessions at the park told ESPNDallas.com.
The dog is not meant for just a party of one. It is served on a cutting board and is intended for four people to share. Of course there are bound to be people that take on the “Champion Dog” by themselves.
“I don’t recommend it, but I’d be impressed,” Rapp said. “It’s almost as long as a youth bat. I’m sure fans will try it just to see if they can do it.”
So what about the players? Who do they think could shovel the dog down? They almost all said Outfielder David Murphy, even CEO Nolan Ryan pinned Murphy as the guy.
“If it’s plain, I think I could definitely do it,” Murphy said. “I’m not a big topping guy. Usually when I eat my hot dog, it’s with cheese. If I tried to do it by adding the chili, that would be a challenge. Even with the toppings, I’d be close.”
The ‘Champion Dog’ will be ready when the Rangers open the season on April 6th against the White Sox.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Swedish Town May Give Workers Paid Breaks to Go Home, Have Sex
- Storm Chasers Remember Bill Paxton With Unique Tribute
- Jimmy Kimmel Surprised a Tour Bus at the Oscars and the Reactions Were Priceless
- OJ Simpson Could Be Released From Prison Later This Year
- Ed Sheeran Lets Girlfriend Wear His Shoes After She Breaks Hers
- Watch Sara Bareilles Cover Joni Mitchell for Oscars’ In Memoriam Segment
- Britain’s Tallest Man, “Game Of Thrones” And “Avengers” Actor Dies At 36
- Cameras Catch Chrissy Teigen Napping In The Middle Of The Oscars
- Adele Congratulates Emma Stone, ‘Moonlight’ after Oscars Win
- Good Neighbor Brewery Opens In Wylie, Owners Want It To Be “Community-Centric”