Spring is hear and opening day for the Texas Rangers is only two weeks away. What better way to celebrate then with a classic ballpark hot dog? Well, you’ve probably never seen a dog this big.
In the new Captain Morgan Club at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington there is a new treat. It’s a two-foot one pound hot dog! That weight is just the dog and bun. You can add all the fixings and increase that weight.
If you are just a plain mustard and ketchup guy, this might not be your game time snack. You can add cheese, chili, sauteed onions, fries, and more.
“I don’t know how many calories are in this thing, but it’s got to be 2,000 or 3,000,” Casey Rapp, operations manager for Sportsservice who handle concessions at the park told ESPNDallas.com.
The dog is not meant for just a party of one. It is served on a cutting board and is intended for four people to share. Of course there are bound to be people that take on the “Champion Dog” by themselves.
“I don’t recommend it, but I’d be impressed,” Rapp said. “It’s almost as long as a youth bat. I’m sure fans will try it just to see if they can do it.”
So what about the players? Who do they think could shovel the dog down? They almost all said Outfielder David Murphy, even CEO Nolan Ryan pinned Murphy as the guy.
“If it’s plain, I think I could definitely do it,” Murphy said. “I’m not a big topping guy. Usually when I eat my hot dog, it’s with cheese. If I tried to do it by adding the chili, that would be a challenge. Even with the toppings, I’d be close.”
The ‘Champion Dog’ will be ready when the Rangers open the season on April 6th against the White Sox.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- After Weeks of Record-Setting Rain, Most of California Is out of Drought
- Nathan Fast interviews Jon Bellion Backstage
- Nathan Fast Backstage Interview With twenty one pilots!
- This Singing Dentist’s Cover of Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape of You’ Is Perfect
- The New York Times to Air Ad for the First Time Ever During Academy Awards
- Man Grades and Posts Apology Letter From Ex-Girlfriend And It Goes Viral
- Lyft Is Coming to 54 New Cities a Month After Launching in 40
- DFW Housing Market Continues to Rise in January
- Live Stream Of Giraffes Flagged On YouTube For “Nudity And Sexual Conduct”
- Test Your Balance With Brand New Workout Coming To Dallas: Floating Yoga