Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Kim Kardashian Tearfully Opens Up On Ellen About Paris Robbery And Caitlyn Jenner’s Book
- The Fate Of Bachelor Star Chris Soules Will Rely On His Cell Phone
- Man Floats To Canada On Air Mattress To See Girlfriend, Gets Arrested
- Top 10 Best & Worst Entry-Level Jobs
- Dolce & Gabanna Under Fire For Promoting “Thin and Gorgeous” On New Sneaker
- Actor Tom Hardy Chased Down A Moped Thief & Caught Him
- You Will Soon Be Able to Reserve a Table at Taco Bell’s Private Test Kitchen
- Johnny Depp Surprises Guests at Disneyland as Jack Sparrow
- Southwest Airlines to Stop Overbooking Flights
- Here are the Changes United Airlines Will Make on Behalf of Passengers