Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- The Scariest Motel In America Is Up For Grabs: The ‘Clown Motel’ Is On Sale
- Teen Ordered To Retake Yearbook Photo Because Her Top Reveals Her Shoulders
- Tanner Kloven Interviews Sabrina Carpenter Backstage At The Majestic Theater
- Cowboys’ Rising Popularity Cause Rising Ticket Prices
- Katy Perry Is Hosting This Year’s MTV VMAs
- [WATCH] The Latest ‘IT’ Trailer
- Simone Biles Shares a Video After Her Wisdom Teeth Removal and It’s Hilarious
- Charli XCX Flips the Script with a Music Video for Her Single ‘Boys’ and It’s Filled with Celebrity Guests
- The Most Popular Airbnb is a Treehouse
- Jennifer Lopez Sends Sugary Sweet Birthday Message to Alex Rodriguez