Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- The Hallmark Channel’s Christmas Movie Marathon Is Beginning VERY Soon
- Texas Teenager’s Photo Goes Viral Because People Can’t Believe His Mom Isn’t His Twin
- Dogs Are Now Allowed At Walt Disney World
- ‘Married At First Sight’ Reality Show Is Looking For DFW Singles
- Is This Sign For A Men’s Bathroom…Or A Women’s Bathroom?
- Brad Pitt is Hollywood’s Least Profitable Actor
- The City of Austin Declares October 20th Tom Petty Day
- Taco Bell Experimenting With New Dessert Item, The Chocoladilla
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Niall Horan Gets Frightened By Harry Styles Lookalike Thanks To Ellen