Though he pushed back the release of his sophomore album from March to May, Adam Lambert fans don’t have to wait that long to hear new music.
While Trespassing is due out May 15, tracks like the power ballad “Never Close Our Eyes” are enough to satisfy listeners. Written by Bruno Mars, Adam Lambert puts his own flavor on the track with soaring vocals.
“I wish that this night would never be over/ There’s plenty of time to sleep when we die/ So let’s just stay awake until we grow older/ If I had my way we’d never close our eyes,” Lambert sings.
I’m so glad you all like “Never Close Our Eyes”! just to get the rumors straight: Bruno Mars WROTE it but its not a duet. Just me singin 😉
— Adam Lambert (@adamlambert) March 26, 2012
“Naked Love” continues the upbeat vibe of the album with heavy percussion and Lambert’s familiar vocals and endless “woah-oh-oh’s.”
Meanwhile, a clip of “Cuckoo” showcases sing-along choruses with a heart-thumping drum beat and hand-clapped rhythms.
Title track “Trespassing” features Lambert channeling his inner Freddie Mercury with higher vocals. Not a huge surprise that he will act as Queen frontman later this year, the song impresses.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Adam Lambert stopped by the Lite Studios a few weeks ago and talked about the new album and sang us a few songs.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Man Arrested After Stabbing Himself To Get A Day Off Work
- NY Times Bestselling Author Heckled And Trolled While Speaking To Highland Park High School Students
- Kolache Korner Finally Opens In Downtown Dallas
- Oscars Producers Apologize For Best Picture Announcement Mistake
- Biggest Surprise From Last Night: Nicole Kidman Doesn’t Know How To Clap
- Gnash Giveaway
- OOPS! La La Land Loses Best Picture Award After Mess Up
- 50 Years of Unbeatable Oscar Outfits by Cher
- Suicide Squad Wins Oscar