A basset hound in England saved his own life by calling the police emergency line 999.
George, a two-year-old basset hound, had knocked his phone on the floor and became entagled in the wire. When he panicked he managed to phone 999 (Britain’s 911). The emergency operator informed the police who rushed over to the home of Steve Brown.
A family friend and neighbor saw them about to smash the door in and opened the door with a spare key. The officers sprinted in looking for a choking individual.
The neighbor, Paul Walker, walked into the living room and found a terrified George choking. He ripped the wire from around the dogs neck to save him.
“The police split up and ran through the house thinking someone had either been attacked or was desperately ill,” Walker told The Sun. “I went to look round as well and walked into this room and saw George choking. He was absolutely terrified and could not free himself. I knew I had to get him free quickly so I just ripped the wire out.
“Incredibly you could see where his paw print was on the phone to ring 999 — he literally saved his own life. When the police came into the room and realised what had happened they burst out laughing.
“They told me they had been sent out because of a 999 call in which the operator could only hear heavy breathing and gasping. They thought someone had collapsed or been attacked.”
George is fine now and recovering nicely with his family.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Sesame Street Parodies The Walking Dead with Cookie Monster
- Wonder Woman is This Years most Popular Halloween Costume
- Pickle Cupcakes Now Exist And Nothing Is Sacred Anymore
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Girlfriend Details Alleged Abuse
- Macklemore Reveals How He & Kesha Became Fast Friends
- Demi Lovato Lands In #1 For A Second Time On Billboard’s Pop Songs Chart
- Justin Bieber’s Tattoo Artist Details the Pop Star’s New Ink
- Niall Horan on Mom Being His Biggest Fan
- Football Fan Sets Himself on Fire in the Name of Football
- Katy Perry Crashes Wedding Reception in St. Louis