With the Mega Millions jackpot soaring to $540 million dollars, people in 44 states are scrambling to buy lotto tickets. People are even crossing state lines to get their hands on winning tickets. With everyone trying to win, how can you up the odds to your favor? Ask Richard Lustig, the world’s only seven-time lottery winner.
Florida resident Richard Lustig has won seven individual lottery grand prizes in the Florida lottery. He is definitely a pro when it comes to the lottery. Here’s a couple of Richard’s tips for winning the lottery.
His first tip is to buy tickets! You’ve got to be in it to win it, and that means heading out to the corner store to buy lottery tickets. He warns, however, to avoid “lottery fever.” That means don’t buy a ridiculous amount of tickets with money that you need. Don’t pull money out of your gas or grocery budget. Only spend what you can afford to spend and not get back. The odds of winning the Mega Millions is 1 in 176 million, and that means there will be millions of people that will not get back the $30 or $50 they spent on lottos.
Richard’s second tip is play your own numbers. The randomly generated numbers on Quick Picks won’t help very much. Richard says you should pick your numbers by hand. However, don’t use birthdays as those limit you to the numbers between 1 and 31. It’s not the individual numbers, it’s the set. Throw in some high numbers with the low numbers. While it’s true that Quick Pick buyers win more often, that’s because millions of people are buying Quick Picks.
Richard has written a book full of great tips on how to win the lottery. For more information, visit www.winninglotterymethod.com.
- Canine Corner: Dolly
- WATCH: Dad Pulls Epic Prank On His Son, Showing Up In A Speedo To Pick Him Up
- Houston Teacher Gives Student ‘Most Likely To Become A Terrorist’ Award
- Jimmy Fallon Is In Hot Water For Making Fun Of The Deaf
- Ariana Grande Will Return To Manchester For A Tribute Concert
- Exploding Phone Causes School Evacuation In Mansfield
- Mother Warns About Sunscreen As Her Burned & Blistered 14-Month-Old Ends Up In ER
- U2’s Bono Hung Out With George W. Bush At His Ranch In Crawford Yesterday
- Here’s How You Can Get A Free Burger In Dallas Tomorrow
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music