Currently on tour in the U.S. promoting his latest solo album, Unfinished, Jordan Knight talked with CBS Local about his life as a solo artist and member of New Kids On the Block.
Knight got his start in New Kids On the Block as a teen in the 80s and nearly three decades later continues to pursue a career in music. On a break from touring with NKOTB and the Backstreet Boys on their world tour, Knight discussed the difference between producing and releasing his record himself vs. the big production behind the New Kids.
“Doing something like an album, promoting your own tour, and doing your own label, that’s what I did with my latest album Unfinished, it’s a lot of work. You definitely have to be dedicated to do it and I was and I am,” he said. “I think the best thing about it is that it gives you a whole lot of self-satisfaction. Being in the New Kids and doing big arenas and traveling the world, that’s great and that’s hard work too but compared to what I’m doing now it’s very cushy.”
Knight further explained how being a solo artist and member of NKOTB balances out his career.
“If I was doing only the New Kids On the Block or if I was only doing solo stuff, that just wouldn’t feel right. Definitely doing my solo stuff, grinding it out and working hard and doing that it just makes my experience all the better.”
While Knight performs in arenas with NKOTB he said the energy at his solo shows equals his time onstage at a New Kids concert.
“It’s really a love fest,” he said. “The good thing about doing the show on my own is that I get to be a little more impromptu; I get to be a little closer. The venues are obviously not arenas so I really get to feel the audience and they get to feel me a little more. I’m able to sing songs from my first solo records. I’m able to sit down, relax, sing songs at the piano, [perform] some songs the fans requested through Twitter and Twitter polls. It’s a lot more personal from Jordan to the Jordan girls.”
Knight said as long as he stays creative, open, and positive he is able to come up with new material. But, a major factor that keeps him prolonging his career are the fans.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Fun Facts About Full House
- Netflix: What’s New And Leaving In October 2017
- [VIDEO] ‘Perez Hilton’ Gets Backlashed By Saying That Kylie Needs An ‘Abortion’
- Walmart Wants To Do A Lot More Than Just Deliver Groceries To Your Home…
- Impress Your Friends With These Hidden iOS 11 Features On Your iPhone And iPad
- A Mysterious ‘Ghost Ship’ Has Washed Ashore On A Beach In Florida After Hurricane Irma
- Watch Cool Time-Lapse Video Of Big Tex Getting Set Up For The State Fair Of Texas Yesterday
- 5 Best Songs on Macklemore’s ‘Gemini’
- Travis Scott & Kylie Jenner Expecting First Child: Report
- Aaron Carter Has Officially Checked Himself Into A Treatment Facility