People who have been affected by the tornadoes are in a vulnerable position. As they begin the process of cleaning up and rebuilding, there are those who would seek to take advantage of the situation. Bogus contractors and roofers crawl out of the woodwork to make big bucks after disasters. Find out how you can protect yourself.
Many contractors and roofers will be fanning out across the affected areas to drum up business in repairing homes. Before selecting a contractor, there are some important questions you need to ask.
First of all, you want to make sure that the contractor didn’t just blow in the storms. Do a web search for an address and drive by their place of business. You won’t want to select a contractor working out of the back of his truck or a temporary PO Box.
Are they a member of a roofing contractors association? Associations have strict requirements to make sure contractors are legit and in good standing.
The North Texas Roofing Contractors Association has great resources to make sure you hire a good contractor. Visit their website at ntrca.com.
- AMP 103.7’S LANY Giveaway
- AMP 103.7 Big 3 Basketball Tournament Giveaway
- Massive Security Seen At Ariana Grande’s House
- Good Bye Unicorn Frap, Hello Disney’s ‘World of Avatar’ Drinks
- A Third ‘Star Wars’ Spin Off Has Been Confirmed
- VIDEO: Horrifying Crash At The Indy 500
- Southwest Flight Forced To Make Emergency Landing
- The iPhone Latte Exists
- Two Dead After Massive Crash On I-35
- Boy is Ejected from Water Slide in California