Avril Lavigne has been Tweeting up a storm about her time in the studio. It started on February 28, when the singer asked her Twitter followers to guess which Canadian she was working with and then Tweeted a photo of herself and Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger.
Bro’ing out with Chad Kroeger in the studio twitter.com/AvrilLavigne/s…
— Avril Lavigne (@AvrilLavigne) February 29, 2012
It’s an unexpected pairing at first glance, but Kroeger has been the driving force behind many of Nickelback’s hits (“Can’t Forget You,” “Feelin’ Way Too Damn Good,” and “How You Remind Me”) as well as having a hand in hits for other artists — especially in country, including Tim McGraw’s “It’s A Business Doing Pleasure With You” and Jake Owen’s “Apple Pie Moonshine.” Not that this means Avril is going country. It is more likely that she’s looking for that big hit single sound. When CBS Local caught up with her in New York City, she said, “I’ve just spent 17 days working with Chad Kroeger and David Hodges. The three of us have been writing a lot of songs together…I also worked with The Runners.”
David Hodges is a former member of Evanescence, turned professional songwriter. While in the group he co-wrote “Bring Me To Life.” He went on to write “Because of You” for Kelly Clarkson and “What About Now” for Daughty. Avril Tweeted about the vocal exercises the two men have been putting her through as they worked together.
Today’s vocal take is def gonna require some vocal warmups. Not an easy song.@hodgesmusic and Chad get ready!!!! 🎵
— Avril Lavigne (@AvrilLavigne) March 21, 2012
Avril’s been so inspired that she can’t seem to drag herself away from the studio, telling CBS Local, “I’m having a lot of fun actually. I just got home from tour and just like hanging out in the studio and getting a lot of work done. Like 12 to 16 hour work days.”
Avril Tweeted that her intense studio time wrapped up on April 1. No release date is set yet for her new album.
That was a very inspiring month in the studio.I had the best time. We worked so hard and got so much accomplished!
— Avril Lavigne (@AvrilLavigne) April 2, 2012
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
More Stories From The new 103.7 Lite FM
- Canine Corner: Dolly
- WATCH: Dad Pulls Epic Prank On His Son, Showing Up In A Speedo To Pick Him Up
- Houston Teacher Gives Student ‘Most Likely To Become A Terrorist’ Award
- Jimmy Fallon Is In Hot Water For Making Fun Of The Deaf
- Ariana Grande Will Return To Manchester For A Tribute Concert
- Exploding Phone Causes School Evacuation In Mansfield
- Mother Warns About Sunscreen As Her Burned & Blistered 14-Month-Old Ends Up In ER
- U2’s Bono Hung Out With George W. Bush At His Ranch In Crawford Yesterday
- Here’s How You Can Get A Free Burger In Dallas Tomorrow
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music