The top 8 performers on American Idol took the stage to belt out some 80’s hits Wednesday night. Granted most of the contestants weren’t even alive when the songs they were singing were popular. Along with their solo performances the four guys paired up with the four girls to sing some 80’s duets as well. McKinney’s own Hollie Cavanagh was looking to bounce back from a rough week last week.
Hollie listened to a lot of her critique that she’d only sang ballads up to this point and chose to do “Flashdance…What A Feeling”. After a little delay in her starting her performance because of some keyboard power issues Hollie struggled a little at the start.
Jennifer Lopez told her that she made the beginning too musical and not fun enough. While the other judges believed she was thinking too much and didn’t let loose. They also told her that they were so hard on her because she has the voice to shine.
After a week where she was in the bottom 3, this performance might put Hollie right back there.
In her duet with DeAndra of ‘I’m So Excited’, which isn’t supposed to go into the judging or the votes, but we know they do, Hollie was much freer with her spirits. She moved around stage easily and looked like she was having a great time.
The results show is Thursday at 7:00pm on FOX. Tune in to see if McKinney’s Idol hope Hollie Cavanagh will be back one more time.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- North Texas Surgeon Sentenced To Life In Prison For Maiming
- WATCH: Fighter Tries To Dance During A Fight, Best KO Ever
- Boxer Yusaf Mack Beats Down Internet Troll
- Keanu Reeves Says He Would Be Up For A Fourth Matrix
- ‘Golden Girls’ Restaurant Opens In New York City
- Watch: Lana Del Rey’s Brand New Video For “Love”
- Oak Cliff Man Stabs Roommate Because He Didn’t Flush The Toilet
- Reactions To The Unauthorized Britney Spears Lifetime Movie Are Better Than The Movie Itself
- Vin Diesel, Pop Sensation? Actor Featured In New Duet With Selena Gomez
- Danielle Bregoli Declares War On The Kardashians: “B****, Ain’t Nobody Scared Of Hurr”