With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and the re-release of James Cameron’s epic film in 3D, movie-goers in China are realizing that something or somethings are missing.
In the Chinese version of the movie, Kate’s character is shown only from the neck up in the famous scene where she is being drawn with just the necklace on. And the issue isn’t really with the fact that Kate’s bare breasts are shown in that scene. It has to do with how the movie is being shown.
“Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people’s viewing,” read a statement from China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. “We’ve decided to cut off the nudity scenes.”
There has been some outcry in China about it, but not much can be done when the State has all the power of what is and isn’t shown.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- This iPhone 7 Exploded For No Reason
- Beyoncé Cancels Coachella Performance & Ticket Sales Drop By 12%
- Watch This Hairless Rescue Dog Who Can’t Stop Dancing
- Ed Sheeran Is Raising The Bar For Men
- The 56th Season of Six Flags Over Texas Begins This Weekend
- Blue Bell ‘Ice Cream Cone’: NEW Limited-Time Flavor!
- Amputee Toddler Plays The Greatest Game Of Hide & Seek Ever!
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan AKA Neegan Responds To Walking Dead Racist T-Shirt
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians Has Been Replaced By Cats!
- This Galaxy Cake Is Out of This World