With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and the re-release of James Cameron’s epic film in 3D, movie-goers in China are realizing that something or somethings are missing.
In the Chinese version of the movie, Kate’s character is shown only from the neck up in the famous scene where she is being drawn with just the necklace on. And the issue isn’t really with the fact that Kate’s bare breasts are shown in that scene. It has to do with how the movie is being shown.
“Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people’s viewing,” read a statement from China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. “We’ve decided to cut off the nudity scenes.”
There has been some outcry in China about it, but not much can be done when the State has all the power of what is and isn’t shown.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Paris Jackson Mistaken for a Homeless Person
- Quick Trip Restrooms Rated The Best in Texas
- Arrow Star Stephen Amell Dominates American Ninja Warrior Course
- Angry Pedestrian Gets Instant Karma, Walks Into A Light Pole
- HS Includes Student’s Service Dog In The Yearbook Class Photos
- Alamo Named Worst Tourist Trap In Texas
- Dating Co-Workers Not Recommended But Still Popular
- Hollywood Medium Warned Alan Thicke Of Possible Heart Issues Months Before Death