With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and the re-release of James Cameron’s epic film in 3D, movie-goers in China are realizing that something or somethings are missing.
In the Chinese version of the movie, Kate’s character is shown only from the neck up in the famous scene where she is being drawn with just the necklace on. And the issue isn’t really with the fact that Kate’s bare breasts are shown in that scene. It has to do with how the movie is being shown.
“Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people’s viewing,” read a statement from China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. “We’ve decided to cut off the nudity scenes.”
There has been some outcry in China about it, but not much can be done when the State has all the power of what is and isn’t shown.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Dallas Ranks #14 for Most Congested Traffic in the World
- China Has Fire Breathing Drones
- Watch This Instagram Model Hang Off The Side Of A Skyscraper
- Chad Johnson And Corinne Olympios Have Been Texting
- A Bull Got Loose In The Streets Of New York City
- How Do You Go To The Bathroom In A Spacesuit?
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix’s ‘Touch’
- First Han Solo Cast Photo is Here!
- Ready For Walmart Convenience Stores?
- Lindsay Lohan Is Campaigning On Social Media To Play Ariel In The Little Mermaid Reboot