With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and the re-release of James Cameron’s epic film in 3D, movie-goers in China are realizing that something or somethings are missing.
In the Chinese version of the movie, Kate’s character is shown only from the neck up in the famous scene where she is being drawn with just the necklace on. And the issue isn’t really with the fact that Kate’s bare breasts are shown in that scene. It has to do with how the movie is being shown.
“Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people’s viewing,” read a statement from China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. “We’ve decided to cut off the nudity scenes.”
There has been some outcry in China about it, but not much can be done when the State has all the power of what is and isn’t shown.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Today Marks 50 Years Since the Iconic Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Footage Was Filmed
- Marshmello and Khalid Release ‘Silence’ Video
- Ed Sheeran Says Substance Abuse Contributed to Hiatus from Music
- Mariah Carey Unveils New Christmas Song ‘The Star’
- Niall Horan Shares Acoustic Version of ‘Flicker’ Title Track
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Adorably Celebrate 5 Years Of Marriage
- Dirk Channels Groot In Guardians Of The Galaxy Parody
- Study Says Texas Has A Fear Of Holes
- KFC’s Twitter Account Follows Exactly 11 People, 5 Spices & 6 Herbs