It’s Tax Day. If you’ve waited until now to file your income taxes, you have to get those postmarked by today. Here is what you need to know to get everything off to the IRS.
Besides Christmas, this is one of the busiest days of the year for the US Postal Service. Some USPS locations will be open after 6:00PM so you can get your tax returns mailed off on time. The USPS suggests sending tax returns First Class as the IRS recognizes the First Class postmark as proof that your return was mailed on time. If you really want to make sure that your tax return gets where it’s going, use Delivery Confirmation to track your return.
Do you have everything you need to be send off? Make sure you have all the personal information required such as Social Security Numbers, Residential Addresses, and Child Care Provider information. Make sure you have included the W-2 forms from all employers and 1099 forms for any other income you’ve may have received last year (Yes, you will have to claim you winnings from Las Vegas if they are over a certain amount.)
You can visit the USPS website to located post offices near you that will be open late, a full checklist of what you should include with your return, and information on the best way to get everything mailed off to the IRS. Go to USPS.com.
- Arlington Teacher Wins The Milken Educator Award, Known as The “Oscar Of Education”
- Matthew McConaughey’s Power Stance While Talking To UT Men’s Basketball Team Is Every High School Coach In History
- Channing Tatum Ends Association With The Weinstein Company: “This Is A Giant Opportunity for Real Positive Change”
- Ford is Recalling 1.3 Million Trucks
- Tom Delonge of Blink-182 is Crowd Funding a Spaceship
- Rose Leslie Made Kit Harington Dress Up As John Snow For Halloween
- Lil Uzi Vert and Playboi Carti Announce Joint Tour Dates
- Pole Dancing Could Be Coming To The Olympics
- IMPACT: Niall Horan’s ‘Flicker’
- Selena Gomez Praises Demi Lovato’s ‘Simply Complicated’ Documentary