It’s Tax Day. If you’ve waited until now to file your income taxes, you have to get those postmarked by today. Here is what you need to know to get everything off to the IRS.
Besides Christmas, this is one of the busiest days of the year for the US Postal Service. Some USPS locations will be open after 6:00PM so you can get your tax returns mailed off on time. The USPS suggests sending tax returns First Class as the IRS recognizes the First Class postmark as proof that your return was mailed on time. If you really want to make sure that your tax return gets where it’s going, use Delivery Confirmation to track your return.
Do you have everything you need to be send off? Make sure you have all the personal information required such as Social Security Numbers, Residential Addresses, and Child Care Provider information. Make sure you have included the W-2 forms from all employers and 1099 forms for any other income you’ve may have received last year (Yes, you will have to claim you winnings from Las Vegas if they are over a certain amount.)
You can visit the USPS website to located post offices near you that will be open late, a full checklist of what you should include with your return, and information on the best way to get everything mailed off to the IRS. Go to USPS.com.
- Canine Corner: Dolly
- WATCH: Dad Pulls Epic Prank On His Son, Showing Up In A Speedo To Pick Him Up
- Houston Teacher Gives Student ‘Most Likely To Become A Terrorist’ Award
- Jimmy Fallon Is In Hot Water For Making Fun Of The Deaf
- Ariana Grande Will Return To Manchester For A Tribute Concert
- Exploding Phone Causes School Evacuation In Mansfield
- Mother Warns About Sunscreen As Her Burned & Blistered 14-Month-Old Ends Up In ER
- U2’s Bono Hung Out With George W. Bush At His Ranch In Crawford Yesterday
- Here’s How You Can Get A Free Burger In Dallas Tomorrow
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music