A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- Firefighter Calendar Shoot Ends With A Puppy Being Adopted
- Northeast Police Issue Warning Patrons to stop Stealing Whataburger Order Numbers
- ‘Get Out’ Gets A Shocking %100 On Rotten Tomatoes
- WATCH: This Model Got Groped On TV And Did Not Put Up With It
- Guy Makes Half Court Shot For $38K But Is Denied The Money
- Patrick Stewart Is Retiring From The X-Men Films
- Lorde Teases New Music
- The Chainsmokers Release Heartfelt Response After A Fan Passes Away
- Fujifilm Under Fire for Sexist Camera Demo
- Olivia Culpo’s Oscars Dress Was Made Entirely From Stella Artois’ Glass Chalices