A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- Miley Cyrus Shares ‘Younger Now’ Album Tracklist
- Liam Payne and Zedd Hit the Streets of London for ‘Get Low’ Video
- Pharrell Gets Political at VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’
- Lady Gaga Talks Chronic Pain Condition in New ‘Five Foot Two’ Trailer
- Adorable Dog Interrupts Professional Soccer Match, Later Gives Post Game Interview
- Demi Lovato and Jimmy Fallon Take Best Friend Challenge
- Koala Survives Ten Mile Ride Clutching Inside Of Car’s Axle
- Man Bitten In The Face By The Rattlesnake He Was Trying To Barbecue
- Canadian Punk Band Accidentally Pressed Onto Beyoncé ‘Lemonade’ Vinyl
- Taylor Swift Sued For Ripping Off Lyrics For 2014’s “Shake It Off”