A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- Tacos Might Be The New State Dish Of Texas
- North Texas Surgeon Sentenced To Life In Prison For Maiming
- WATCH: Fighter Tries To Dance During A Fight, Best KO Ever
- Boxer Yusaf Mack Beats Down Internet Troll
- Keanu Reeves Says He Would Be Up For A Fourth Matrix
- ‘Golden Girls’ Restaurant Opens In New York City
- Watch: Lana Del Rey’s Brand New Video For “Love”
- Oak Cliff Man Stabs Roommate Because He Didn’t Flush The Toilet
- Reactions To The Unauthorized Britney Spears Lifetime Movie Are Better Than The Movie Itself
- Vin Diesel, Pop Sensation? Actor Featured In New Duet With Selena Gomez