With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “The Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best”.
The Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best
When you hit rock bottom, there’s nowhere to go but up. At least that’s what they tell us. Alex is an aspiring musician who’s not only been dumped by his band but also his girlfriend, his thankless real estate job, and a music gig where he plays music for handicapped children wearing a pink moose costume. He embarks on a cross-country tour with a complete stranger to play a battle of the bands. Along the way, Alex finds love, friendship, and a renewed passion for his music.
Writer, director, and star of Brooklyn Brothers, Ryan O’Nan has created a gem. It’s a relatable story for anyone who has hit the bottom of the wishing well chasing their dreams. Not only is this a fabulous film, but you’ll find yourself tapping your toes along with the music that permeates the film. O’Nan and co-star Michael Weston played all the songs live in the film. O’Nan shows his many talents in front and behind the camera.
During a Q&A after the first screening at Dallas International Film Festival, O’Nan revealed that not only will The Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best hit theaters in September, but he and Weston were signed to a record label that will release the soundtrack ahead of the film’s release.
Brooklyn Brothers is a joy for film lovers and indie music fans. Language and alcohol are prevalent throughout the film, so this is one movie that you’ll want to use discretion if you have kids. The Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best gets 4.5 music toys out of 5.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Canine Corner: Dolly
- WATCH: Dad Pulls Epic Prank On His Son, Showing Up In A Speedo To Pick Him Up
- Houston Teacher Gives Student ‘Most Likely To Become A Terrorist’ Award
- Jimmy Fallon Is In Hot Water For Making Fun Of The Deaf
- Ariana Grande Will Return To Manchester For A Tribute Concert
- Exploding Phone Causes School Evacuation In Mansfield
- Mother Warns About Sunscreen As Her Burned & Blistered 14-Month-Old Ends Up In ER
- U2’s Bono Hung Out With George W. Bush At His Ranch In Crawford Yesterday
- Here’s How You Can Get A Free Burger In Dallas Tomorrow
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music