McKinney’s Hollie Cavanagh probably didn’t think that she was going to be in the top six on American Idol. She stood on the stage with Colton Dixon waiting for Ryan Seacrest to announce who was safe and who was going home. Her face told the story.
Colton Dixon got the fewest votes from America this week and Hollie Cavanagh was safe to sing another week. It was Colton’s first time in the bottom three, while Hollie has been in the bottom three for a few weeks.
The voting probably came down to the performances from Wednesday Night’s show. Hollie gave strong performances of “Rolling in the Deep” and “Son of a Preacher Man”; while Colton struggled with “Born this Way” and “September”.
Hollie even cried on stage during Colton’s final song, showing the emotion of getting to live the dream one more time.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Today Marks 50 Years Since the Iconic Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Footage Was Filmed
- Marshmello and Khalid Release ‘Silence’ Video
- Ed Sheeran Says Substance Abuse Contributed to Hiatus from Music
- Mariah Carey Unveils New Christmas Song ‘The Star’
- Niall Horan Shares Acoustic Version of ‘Flicker’ Title Track
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Adorably Celebrate 5 Years Of Marriage
- Dirk Channels Groot In Guardians Of The Galaxy Parody
- Study Says Texas Has A Fear Of Holes
- KFC’s Twitter Account Follows Exactly 11 People, 5 Spices & 6 Herbs