Studies have shown that texting while driving is equal too or worse than drunk driving, talking on the cell while driving impairs your driving ability and now you shouldn’t drive while needing to use the bathroom.
Dr. Peter Snyder a VP of research at Rhode Island Hospital says that having to urinate really badly while driving is the same impairment as driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.05.
“With urination, it’s a very active process, as you know. It takes lots of concentration,” Snyder tells Jalopnik. “If you’re on the highway at 70 mph, and you really have to go, you really are impaired. You can’t let it get to that point.”
So if you have to it might be a better idea to use that gas station bathroom instead of holding it until you get home.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Protesters Tried To Remove A Live Stream Of A Giraffe Birth But It’s Back Up
- #WorstFirstDate Will Make You Feel Better About Your Love Life
- Real Life ‘Ken Doll’ Dumps The Human Barbie
- NASA Discovers 7 New Planets
- This Movie Theater Has Beds For You To Watch From!
- Dry Winter Brings Wildfire Alerts Today In Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico
- Walking Dead T-Shirt Pulled From Shelves For Being Racist
- Urban Outfitters Is Selling An AOL T-Shirt For $45
- Forget What You Heard, Chip & Joanna Gaines Are Not Leaving Texas
- Beyoncé Cancels Coachella Performances