Studies have shown that texting while driving is equal too or worse than drunk driving, talking on the cell while driving impairs your driving ability and now you shouldn’t drive while needing to use the bathroom.
Dr. Peter Snyder a VP of research at Rhode Island Hospital says that having to urinate really badly while driving is the same impairment as driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.05.
“With urination, it’s a very active process, as you know. It takes lots of concentration,” Snyder tells Jalopnik. “If you’re on the highway at 70 mph, and you really have to go, you really are impaired. You can’t let it get to that point.”
So if you have to it might be a better idea to use that gas station bathroom instead of holding it until you get home.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Britney Spears Songwriter Claims “Hold It Against Me” Is About Katy Perry
- James Franco Tapped As The New Face Of Coach For Men Fragrance
- Man Creates Hoverboard That Flys 10,000 Feet In The Air And Goes Going 93 MPH (Video)
- Future Fast Pass Tuesday
- Contestant On ‘The Price Is Right’ Breaks Plinko Record And Freaks Out
- Anthony Daniels Almost Turned Down the Roll of C-3PO
- Hunter Attacked By Bear Goes Down Hard But Survives
- Ben & Jerry’s Bans Same Flavored Scoops Until Australia Passes Marriage Equality
- Gas Station Nachos Have Officially Killed Someone
- Beverly Hills Doctors Are Offering Free Surgery To Manchester Victims