This isn’t some headline ploy to get you to click the link and we reveal that Leigh Ann dropped a dollar into the jar at the grocery store that goes to help Children’s Hospital. No, our very own Leigh Ann Adam helped save the life of a 103.7 Lite FM listener.
We weren’t there, but Leigh Ann was, so we’ll let her tell the story.
I was at an appearance on Saturday meeting listeners and giving away prizes. While in the middle of a trivia contest with a listene, I noticed a big commotion to my right. I looked over and saw a man yelling for help. He was screaming “I need help, someone help my wife, my wife is chocking, help her”. I immediately got on the mic and asked if there was a doctor or nurse around, that we needed help NOW. Ironically, the woman standing in front of me playing the contest happened to be a paramedic. She ran over and performed the Heimlich Maneuver.
I’ve never actually seen this done in a life and death situation. It took several attempts before the object was dislodged from her throat. It seemed like it took forever and it was extremely scary. An ambulance showed up and checked the woman over for quite some time.
After, her husband walked over to me and said “thank you for saving my wife”. He said, “if you wouldn’t have asked for help on the mic, I don’t know that she would have made it.” I don’t really feel like I saved her but I’m glad she is okay. And thank God there was a paramedic standing right in front of me.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Selena Gomez Is Selling Her Fort Worth House
- Watch This Cyclist Girl Get Revenge On Men Who Harassed Her
- Watch Chris Martin Duet with George Michael
- Texas Plans To Poison It’s 2.5 Million Wild/Feral Hogs
- Texas Gems Worth Traveling To
- George Clooney Finally Speaks Out About Being A Dad
- NASA Announces Discovery Of A Near By Solar System With 7 Earth Like Planets!
- Jay-Z Has Become First Rapper To Be Chosen For Songwriter’s Hall Of Fame
- Working From Home Can Cause More Stress, Insomnia
- Jimmy Kimmel Contemplating When to Retire From Late Night TV