Prom is a pretty big deal. And the dress can make or break the night. Well if your one girl from Colorado getting ready for prom meant collecting for months, then building your own dress.
Regan Kerr a Junior at a Colorado high school decided she wanted to make a dress that was unique and special. So she gathered over 5,000 pop tops off soda can and made her own dress.
She sewed each of the small aluminum pieces together on her own. It took her five months to finish the project. But she got it done five days before her prom.
The dress didn’t come without complications. it proved to be heavier than she thought so she had to add straps and the zipper in the back proved difficult.
“The zipper in the back became a problem because you have to sew around it and make sure you’re not interfering with the zipper,” Regan told 9 News. “The colored pop tabs became kind of interesting.”
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- 50 Years of Unbeatable Oscar Outfits by Cher
- Suicide Squad Wins Oscar
- Justin Timberlake Wins For Best Photo Bomb On Emma Stone
- Oscar Set Comes Crashing Down During Rehearsal
- ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Girl Strikes Again
- Judge Wapner of ‘People’s Court’ Dead At 97
- North Texas Transgender Teen Wins State Wrestling Championship
- BREAKING NEWS: Fort Worth Native Bill Paxton Dead at 61
- Here’s an Oscar Drinking Game you can play as you Watch