Prom is a pretty big deal. And the dress can make or break the night. Well if your one girl from Colorado getting ready for prom meant collecting for months, then building your own dress.
Regan Kerr a Junior at a Colorado high school decided she wanted to make a dress that was unique and special. So she gathered over 5,000 pop tops off soda can and made her own dress.
She sewed each of the small aluminum pieces together on her own. It took her five months to finish the project. But she got it done five days before her prom.
The dress didn’t come without complications. it proved to be heavier than she thought so she had to add straps and the zipper in the back proved difficult.
“The zipper in the back became a problem because you have to sew around it and make sure you’re not interfering with the zipper,” Regan told 9 News. “The colored pop tabs became kind of interesting.”
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Canine Corner: Dolly
- WATCH: Dad Pulls Epic Prank On His Son, Showing Up In A Speedo To Pick Him Up
- Houston Teacher Gives Student ‘Most Likely To Become A Terrorist’ Award
- Jimmy Fallon Is In Hot Water For Making Fun Of The Deaf
- Ariana Grande Will Return To Manchester For A Tribute Concert
- Exploding Phone Causes School Evacuation In Mansfield
- Mother Warns About Sunscreen As Her Burned & Blistered 14-Month-Old Ends Up In ER
- U2’s Bono Hung Out With George W. Bush At His Ranch In Crawford Yesterday
- Here’s How You Can Get A Free Burger In Dallas Tomorrow
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music