Prom is a pretty big deal. And the dress can make or break the night. Well if your one girl from Colorado getting ready for prom meant collecting for months, then building your own dress.
Regan Kerr a Junior at a Colorado high school decided she wanted to make a dress that was unique and special. So she gathered over 5,000 pop tops off soda can and made her own dress.
She sewed each of the small aluminum pieces together on her own. It took her five months to finish the project. But she got it done five days before her prom.
The dress didn’t come without complications. it proved to be heavier than she thought so she had to add straps and the zipper in the back proved difficult.
“The zipper in the back became a problem because you have to sew around it and make sure you’re not interfering with the zipper,” Regan told 9 News. “The colored pop tabs became kind of interesting.”
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Foo Fighters Dave Grohl Gives His Shoe to a Fan
- British Man Hides In Woods For 10 Years
- Female Boxer Cecilia Braekhus Gets Kissed By Challenger During Press Face-Off
- Kelly Clarkson Addresses Body Image on New Track ‘Whole Lotta Woman’
- Rihanna Likes Her Men Dressed in Black
- Kendrick Lamar Contrasts Donald Trump and Barack Obama
- House Cat Perfectly Interrupts Live News Report Investigating ‘Cougar Sightings’
- What’s the Song in the New ‘Black Panther’ Trailer?
- Watch Bruno Mars Perform ‘Just the Way You Are’ in Spanish
- Four Things You Can Do with All Those Leftover Jack-O’-Lantern Pumpkin Guts