An allergic reaction. In my 29 years (stop laughing) I have never had an allergic reaction to anything…until now. No my lips are not supposed to look like that. And no I did not have a cosmetic procedure that went way wrong.
While on vacation in Mexico I drank or ate something that I had an allergic reaction to. It started with my face feeling like it was falling asleep. That tingly weird feeling that you usually get in your feet or hands. Then I started to feel sick to my stomach.
Finally, my mouth started to feel like it does when they numb you at the dentist. My lips started to burn and when I looked in the mirror those huge lips are what I saw. I was horrified. My husband wanted me to go to the hospital but I was too scared to do that.
So he called the hotel to see if there was a doctor on the premises. Lucky for me there was. She said it looked like I had an allergic reaction to something and she needed to give me an injection right away. She didn’t speak English very well so I had no idea what she was giving me but thank God it worked. Within a few hours I was back to normal.
If I learned anything from that it’s that I do not look good with a trout pout.