I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream! It’s National Ice Cream Month, and what better time to celebrate our favorite frozen treat than in the heat of summer. Whether you eat it a la mode, in a bowl, in cone, as a float, as a sundae, with toppings, or straight out of the carton; ice cream is the 5th most popular dessert in America, according to the folks at TLC.
Perhaps one of the best things about ice cream is that it comes in so many flavors, from the traditional to the off-the-wall. While we all know and love the traditional, the LA Times recently took a look at some down right whacky flavors of ice cream in all it’s forms.
Here are 25 of the weirdest ice cream flavors:
- Buckwheat Ice Cream
- Beer Ice Cream
- Chocolate Sea Salt Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Rose Water Granita
- Parmesan Gelato
- Marsala-Infused Zabaglione
- Cucumber-Chile Paletas
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Goat Cheese Ice Cream
- Spicy Cantaloupe and Ginger Pops
- Ricotta-Honey Gelato with Orange
- Frozen Chocolate Zabaglione
- Blueberry and Lavender Pops
- Prune-Armagnac Ice Cream
- Hazelnut Meringues with Orange Sherbet
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream
- Creamy Coconut and Banana Pops
- Molasses Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Peach and Orange Blossom Honey Pops
- Lemon Cardamom Ice Cream
- Orange, Buttermilk, and Mint Pops
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream with Pecan Praline
- Cranberry Frozen Yogurt
- Dar Chocolate, Date, and Sesame Pops
- Coconut Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Of course, we had to share some of our favorite ice cream flavors.
Tony remembers ice cream dates with his grandparents at Baskin Robbins and getting Peanut Butter & Chocolate ice cream. He also loved Blue Bell’s limited edition flavor from last summer, Strawberry Pie.
Julie’s favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry’s apple pie ice cream. She just tried some ice cream in Austin that was Mexican Vanilla.
John loves Blue Bell’s Italian Cake ice cream.