Check out this easy, fun activity for a Fourth of July home party idea using quality ingredients to make a delicious vanilla ice cream. Create a fun “topping bar” for when the ice cream is finished or place ice cream between cookies to make an ice cream sandwich. QUICK TIP: If you have a deep freezer, you can use that to freeze faster.
Homemade Ice Cream in a bag *Fun for Kids*
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla (or to your taste)
- 1 gallon-size Ziploc bag
- 1 sandwich size DOUBLE Ziploc bag
- 6 tablespoons of ice cream salt
- Prepare ice bag first. Fill gallon-size double Ziploc bag halfway full of ice cubes. Add in salt, toss ice around in bag, and set aside to chill.
- In smaller bag, add in half & half, whipping cream, vanilla, sugar and combine well by shaking bag. Let sugar dissolve.
- Put smaller bag into larger bag. Shake 10 minutes for soft ice cream, or you can put it in the freezer for three hours for a firm ice cream.
Enjoy single-serve ice cream that you can eat out of the bag, or cut the tip off of the Ziploc bag to ‘pipe’ the ice cream out of the bag into a bowl onto cookies.